Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1536

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

I like this photo so i thought i'd share it.
    Engelmann spruce top, Solid linings, 3 fan bracing, 1" carbon fiber bridge plate, 3/4" wide bridge.

42129569_1874410819314289_3586070346656120832_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    Just finished another soprano with the curly figured Sapele sides.."Turned out nice again"
    {cut out Timbuck's picture from the quote or the forum wouldn't let me post mine!}
    Nice! I recently did the same on a charango I built, though mine wasn't quite as figured as yours:

Sapele sides, meranti back. Interesting colour difference.
    Last edited by Dusepo; 09-20-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    My Website
    The stringed instrument database which I also run.
    I play far too many instruments to list, but I like 4 courses of nylon strings best!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    Just finished another soprano with the curly figured Sapele sides.."Turned out nice again"

IMG_1365 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    beautiful, I bid so I hope I am lucky to get this piece of art.

A 5-course late medieval lute in Cherry which is almost done.
    My Website
    The stringed instrument database which I also run.
    I play far too many instruments to list, but I like 4 courses of nylon strings best!

A 16 string lap harp/psaltery I knocked together using home made zither pins.
    Tuning is settling in and is tedious. 20180930_143914.jpg20180915_145359.jpg

Gorgeous instrument!
    My uke family:

Magic Fluke Firefly
    Martin 0 (1950s)
    Sailor Brand Spruce Tenor
    LoPrinzi Cherry Concert
    Mya Moe Myrtlewood Tenor

Take one of the most beautifully shaped and built ukuleles and give it a gloss like I have never seen, Oh my!!!!!
    You have outdone yourself Allen!!!

nice Allen

Iím concurrently building a Kasha tenor uke from Hana Lima ĎIa plans, and a Kasha-braced nylon tenor guitar using Scott Antesís plans as the basis. The pic shows the Indian Rosewood TG back with lines drawn for a dreadnought guitar, tenor guitar, and tenor uke for comparison. The Black Walnut in the background has the outline of my newest uke build sketched on it, showing the wider waist Iím using compared to the plans. The Redwood billet on the right is the top for the TG; the uke is also going to have a redwood top. I was going to use Bear Claw Sitka, but the matched set I have isnít wide enough to fit over my body outline. I spent several hot sweaty hours last night resawing the Redwood billet by hand. After kerfing the plank as deeply as possible on my table saw, I had to use my manual rip saw since the billet wouldnít fit under the gullet of my band saw. A bunch of planing followed last night and this afternoon. These builds are going to test my skills like no other projects Iíve done, including the rebuilt archtop guitar and uke #1.

Speaking of my first build, Iím still patiently waiting for the Tung Oil to cure. After many rub-downs, oil residue is no longer coming off on my polishing cloths, but the oil is still clearly outgassing, based on the smell coming from the uke. I wonít be using that on a musical instrument again.

P1010694.jpg

Thread Information