Page 177 of 191 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1901

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

I found the top of my other bench.

Cigar box tenor in koa. Featuring my favor coffee: Rancho Aloha. My local laser company did the etching based on Rancho Aloha's coffee label. Bruce Corker was kind enough to give me permission to use their image. The neck (also koa) is in the style of the Kamaka cigar box.
    DSCF0054.jpg

I've been jigging!
    I have built two molds one for a concert and one for a tenor ukulele, I've also built a steam box and two clamping jigs for bending the sides after steaming the wood. I have built others as well, a jig to sand the radius on the head and tail blocks, a neck scarfing joint jig for the table saw, a 15' radius dish and a complete go bar deck.

The layout and balance of your artwork around the tuners has been very skilfully designed and implemented. Beautiful work, Vic.

Hi Vic...your work has improved a stack ..I’m impressed by the artwork..I remember that you always wanted to get into the inlay style from the the old days when we did the fun uke project and you made that unusual looking fretboard......keep up the good work.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

I don't normally don't go for blue frogs but had a good laugh when the first image came up. A certain genious involved I think.

Hey Ken, the fun build, that brings back memories. I am trying to remember who was involved and of those, who is still building. So far for those still around I have Ken, Vic, Sven and me. Two of I haven’t heard from for a while are Erich and Matt Clara. Anyway Vic, I agree with Ken that your work is very impressive and it is nice that many of the group are still plugging away.
    Brad
    Bradford Donaldson
    Kekaha, HI and Cannon Beach OR
    bradfordj48@outlook.com

I usually build in sets of 4, but this time there were two extras that just demanded to get into the current set, so I did 6. 3 orders and 3 'on spec'.
    From left to right:
    concert - mango and Port Orford cedar, Kasha braced
    concert - spalted tamarind and spruce, spiral rosette
    tenor - curly black walnut and water tank redwood, spiral rosette, cardinal inlay
    tenor - spalted tamarind and water tank redwood, spiral rosette
    tenor - sycamore and Pennsylvania red cedar
    baritone - curly black walnut and water tank redwood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fungusgeek View Post
    I usually build in sets of 4, but this time there were two extras that just demanded to get into the current set, so I did 6. 3 orders and 3 'on spec'.
    From left to right:
    concert - mango and Port Orford cedar, Kasha braced
    concert - spalted tamarind and spruce, spiral rosette
    tenor - curly black walnut and water tank redwood, spiral rosette, cardinal inlay
    tenor - spalted tamarind and water tank redwood, spiral rosette
    tenor - sycamore and Pennsylvania red cedar
    baritone - curly black walnut and water tank redwood.
    Those are all quite nice, but I'm partial to the baritone. I have thought about building a Kasha baritone, and yours gives me ideas.

Thread Information