Page 102 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1710

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    I like it too ! Which kind of "mahogany" is it, swietenia or khaya ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romski View Post
    I like it too ! Which kind of "mahogany" is it, swietenia or khaya ?
    What's in a name ? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet. ...Its both of them sides are Khaya.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Thats it ..A batch of six sopranos finally completed .. Now the sun has finaly come out I'm off for some bike riding .. I put on a about 20lbs over the winter so it's time to start slimming again.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    What's in a name ? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet. ...Its both of them sides are Khaya.
    I take thee at thy word...

I have started my first ukulele restoration project. Unfortunately I am restoring a mahogany Type 0 style I made about 30 months ago. A crack appeared in the upper bout due to neck tension and an unrelated crack opened up in the back because I thinned it too much. Both beginners errors but I thought it would be fun to pick up some restoration experience on a uke that isn't ancient and precious.
    So the back has come off and I am gluing in various patches to sort the cracks in the bout and the back. I might reset the neck too. All good fun
    Max

trying to get all these done... never enough time.

10438568_968144333274280_5018816637054757281_n.jpg

A veritable smorgasbord of ukuleles. I don't know which one I would play first. All very tasty looking...

Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    A veritable smorgasbord of ukuleles. I don't know which one I would play first. All very tasty looking...
    SAME!

Cocobolo/ Spruce with arm bevel and scoop
    Tassy blackwood/ Redwood w cutaway
    Koa/ Redwood
    Koa/ Redwood with cutaway and scoop
    Maple/ Spruce
    Ziricote / Curly Redwood

I just got a new tone generator so now i can measure all the resonances of these
    Last edited by Beau Hannam Ukuleles; 03-17-2016 at 06:04 AM.

I just got an inquiry for building a “ukulele tuned in fifths”, essentially a mandolin but with nylon strings. Several years ago Aquila came out with Nylegut strings for fifths tuning and it inspired me to build a few “mandos” using the strings (below is one example). This can be done with a standard size soprano uke, but I made mine with a mandolin size body. The sound is more subdued than the steel string version with a nice warm tone.

IMGP6060.jpg

Thread Information