Page 126 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2348

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

Fungusgeek, its always good to see what others are making: these 3 look great. I'm thinking it would be even better if you were to post a few more photos showing various stages during the builds. Its interesting to see how others set about making their ukes.

I also think posts may be overlooked in this thread. Why not start a new thread about your builds?

I'm not sure I would have the follow-through to dedicate a thread to the building process. I do post a certain amount of things to my blog at:
    http://www.jupiteruke.com/blog/ if you would like a bit more discussion.

Beautiful stuff Fungusgeek !
    "A yawn is a desperate, silent scream for coffee."

Timms Style 0 Solid Mahogany Soprano, KoAloha KCM-00 Solid Koa Concert, CML Electric Concert Ukulele, Korala PUC-20-BK Solid Plastic Concert , CML Solid Western Red Cedar/Spalted Curly Maple Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by fungusgeek View Post
    I'm not sure I would have the follow-through to dedicate a thread to the building process. I do post a certain amount of things to my blog at:
    http://www.jupiteruke.com/blog/ if you would like a bit more discussion.
    Thanks for that: I've had a good look at the link and I can now see what you are doing........thats exactly the sort of info that I like to see.

It has been extremely wet in the shop with humidity levels at 99%. Time to slow down. So the last couple of days I've been fiddling around with making an end graft to pass the time. Amazing the amount of time one can waste on this fairly straight forward process. I can spend hours going through boxes of scrap selecting a piece of wood that I think will make a match. Today I picked out a piece of cocobolo wood which might go with my Oregon myrtle. An odd choice for sure. I'm a sucker for cocobolo even though the stuff is toxic and turns brown. My thinking is that as it oxidizes over time it will begin to match the brown of the myrtle. Anyway, twiddling my thumbs here in the California wet waiting for the dry.

DSCN7486-001.jpg

20170210_081523.jpg
    20170210_081512.jpg
    A finished Chanenbacker fretless bass ukulele.

Tasmanian oak (eucalyptus regnans) body karri (eucalyptus diversicolor) fretboard and bridge.
    Last edited by Titchtheclown; 02-17-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Titch ..Thats a great job you've done there..Luv it
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Original tiki design. After I got it inlaid I decided to call him Marilyn...

Tiki8.jpgTiki2.jpgTiki1.jpg
    Victor Jones
    Blue Frog Ukuleles

Bellevue, KY
    bluefrogvic@gmail.com
    http://bluefrogukes.weebly.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    It has been extremely wet in the shop with humidity levels at 99%. Time to slow down. So the last couple of days I've been fiddling around with making an end graft to pass the time. Amazing the amount of time one can waste on this fairly straight forward process. I can spend hours going through boxes of scrap selecting a piece of wood that I think will make a match. Today I picked out a piece of cocobolo wood which might go with my Oregon myrtle. An odd choice for sure. I'm a sucker for cocobolo even though the stuff is toxic and turns brown. My thinking is that as it oxidizes over time it will begin to match the brown of the myrtle. Anyway, twiddling my thumbs here in the California wet waiting for the dry.

DSCN7486-001.jpg
    I have envy for your skills.

Thread Information