Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1703

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

  1. #1681
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Mangawhai NZ
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Any possibility of shortening the scale length or would that make all the other dimensions wrong?
    Miguel

  2. #1682
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    central CA
    Posts
    662

    Default

    I've had this in storage from when we sold our machine shop and was gonna sell it but I found a place for it in the back of my shop. It's worth more than I coulda got out of it if I sold it anyways.
    It's actually a pretty cool little machine. 1966 vintage

    rockwell mill.jpg
    My Real name is Terry Harris

  3. #1683
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Stockton on Tees..North East UK.
    Posts
    5,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by resoman View Post
    I've had this in storage from when we sold our machine shop and was gonna sell it but I found a place for it in the back of my shop. It's worth more than I coulda got out of it if I sold it anyways.
    It's actually a pretty cool little machine. 1966 vintage

    rockwell mill.jpg
    Don't sell that it's priceless..see here http://www.lathes.co.uk/rockwellmillers/
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

    If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

  4. #1684
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Makakilo, Hawaii
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Might just toss it in storage and use it for a "super concert " ukulele in the future.

  5. #1685
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    central CA
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Ken, Thanks for the information on my Rockwell. We used it a lot in our shop and it's still nice and tight. When puch came to shove I just really couldn't part with it.
    I still have the original nomenclature that came with the machine.
    My Real name is Terry Harris

  6. #1686
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Makakilo, Hawaii
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauburu View Post
    Any possibility of shortening the scale length or would that make all the other dimensions wrong?
    Miguel
    Not sure possibly, might have to try one without a zero fret as well as a proper or shorter scale length.

  7. #1687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka96707 View Post
    Not sure possibly, might have to try one without a zero fret as well as a proper or shorter scale length.
    Has the fretboard been cut/glued on? Is the neck mounted? If not, why not experiment with a shorter scale length. StuMac has a calculator for that.
    ...Or, is the neck solid or is it glued up? Maybe cut it at the scarf joint, or where the scarf joint would be, and glue on a new head, allowing for the extra length desired.
    Just a couple of thoughts.

  8. #1688
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Half herringbone on the President Carter tenor ukulele.
    The guitar is getting fulling herringbone.

    67773641_2361871703901529_6611884324335648768_n.jpg

  9. #1689
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    571

    Default

    One for the star wars fans out there.
    20190823_212203.jpg
    My friends call me Titch. I have been known to clown.
    Ian Titulaer is my normie name.

    https://sites.google.com/site/titchtheclown/

  10. #1690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titchtheclown View Post
    One for the star wars fans out there.
    20190823_212203.jpg
    That is so cute you have to add it to your photos
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •