What's happening in your shed?

Got a new blade this morning and have just resawn some Black Limba, top back and sides for a Size 5 Terz clone.
And a piece of reclaimed Wenge I’ve been carrying about for about 5 years. It was painted gloss grey with ‘cupboard no.10’ written down one side, amongst a bunch of pieces I acquired from a closing down reclamation yard opposite my old house.

Love me some black limba. Never had any as hole-free as yours appears.

Never had it before. Stick to natives really, but kept seeing pretty pretty ukes in it, and then came across some billets and just couldn’t help myself.😂 This is the least attractive billet of the 3 too.
Have joined the top and rubbed a little naphtha over. Stunning stuff reallyIMG_6407.jpeg

Periodically, my insanity meter gets dangerously high from too much shop clutter, and I have to reorganize the layout, purge, or utilize materials, and so I decided to tackle this planned project. Some rolling-instrument carts.

I had few goals with it. While the colors were done with rattle cans, I wanted test my air-gun and compressor at home, which I did with three primer coats. I wanted to do some curving masking design, necessitating pinstripe tape use. That was more challenging than I expected. Avoiding line wobble requires care not to stretch the tape or hesitate in application movement. I wanted to employ the use of a projector to model an image. Lastly, I needed some place to house more dang upcoming instrument builds, and should I identify an opportunity to do a trade show or something--I wanted an eye-popping, memory-imprinting, landmark for potential "victims" -- 'er potential buyers.

I guess I'm about "100 steps into this journey of 1000 miles," so I may as well keep walking.

Attachments

• 20240216_044531.jpg
    20240216_044531.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240225_200418.jpg
    20240225_200418.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240228_150238.jpg
    20240228_150238.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240228_130721.jpg
    20240228_130721.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 36
Milled up some Cedar of Lebanon which came from the grounds of Salisbury Cathedral for soundboards. I bought it already dry about 6 years ago. Cut a 3ft section off the end to resaw into 8” wide pieces. Wide and long enough for a 5 string Harp Tenor Guitar I have in mind, with 5 sub bass.

Attachments

• IMG_6516.jpeg
    IMG_6516.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6519.jpeg
    IMG_6519.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6520.jpeg
    IMG_6520.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 26
Periodically, my insanity meter gets dangerously high from too much shop clutter, and I have to reorganize the layout, purge, or utilize materials, and so I decided to tackle this planned project. Some rolling-instrument carts.

I had few goals with it. While the colors were done with rattle cans, I wanted test my air-gun and compressor at home, which I did with three primer coats. I wanted to do some curving masking design, necessitating pinstripe tape use. That was more challenging than I expected. Avoiding line wobble requires care not to stretch the tape or hesitate in application movement. I wanted to employ the use of a projector to model an image. Lastly, I needed some place to house more dang upcoming instrument builds, and should I identify an opportunity to do a trade show or something--I wanted an eye-popping, memory-imprinting, landmark for potential "victims" -- 'er potential buyers.

I guess I'm about "100 steps into this journey of 1000 miles," so I may as well keep walking.
I love these. A proper 1980’s Santa Cruz Skateboards look about them. Great.

I love these. A proper 1980’s Santa Cruz Skateboards look about them. Great.
Very "rad" of you to say. I'm so stoked at such a kind comparison. I was an avid skater kid in those days. I had gone through a number of decks by the big names--"Powell Peralta," "H-Street," and yes, "Santa Cruz." I was ever vigilant in the search for "Animal Chin"--found him once hanging out with Bigfoot (real name Daryl). Yeahhhhhhhh (successful trick execution in front of onlookers)! Once a show-off...

Best of luck in all of your trick attempts!

Very "rad" of you to say. I'm so stoked at such a kind comparison. I was an avid skater kid in those days. I had gone through a number of decks by the big names--"Powell Peralta," "H-Street," and yes, "Santa Cruz." I was ever vigilant in the search for "Animal Chin"--found him once hanging out with Bigfoot (real name Daryl). Yeahhhhhhhh (successful trick execution in front of onlookers)! Once a show-off...

Best of luck in all of your trick attempts!
I’m 46 now. Falling off starting hurting too much a looong time ago. 😂
Off piste snowboarding is the way to go now, much softer landings ( although tends to take longer to stand back up ironically)
I also rode many boards by those brands back in the day though. Fond memories indeed.

this one is headed to be donated to my kid’s school benefit auction. it was a collaboration with another parent who designed the artwork. excited to say that even with the unique sound holes it still sounds wonderful!

View attachment 168295
Let us know how much it went for $. A bunch I hope.

this one is headed to be donated to my kid’s school benefit auction. it was a collaboration with another parent who designed the artwork. excited to say that even with the unique sound holes it still sounds wonderful!

View attachment 168295
This is a really cool design!

Nothing is in my "SHED" except for things I don't care to have in my SHOP..which is a total wreck right now.. because I need a LOT bigger SHED..

12 years and a couple of hundred instruments and I never realised that cutting and reattaching the headstock spline flips the headstock. Obvious now that you see it on this pangolin uke tail/headstock.

20240317_155338.jpg

20240317_155356.jpg

Good thing I've got plenty of offcuts to make a new tail bit.

Top Bottom