Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best clip on tuner

Default Best clip on tuner

Browsing Ebay I see clip on tuners range in price from a couple of dollars to $50 plus.

Is there any real difference in performance to warrant the price diff? What would be the best clip on out there? (besides a well trained ear)

Bill

Edit. To answer my own question the Peterson StroboClip looks like the ultimate clip on. It has a built in uke mode and highland bagpipe mode which would be handy for me. I just wonder if it might be a bit overkill with all those features.

Bill
    Last edited by billcarr; 03-16-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Yep - the Peterson is highly accurate. Love mine.

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2012/04/p...ip-review.html

I've tested loads of others, and the Snark brand is, in my opinion, the best of the cheapies
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Is there any difference between the snark sn2 and sn8 if you're only using them for ukes? Been meaning to ask this for awhile, so I'll. just piggyback on this thread.

I like the Ohana. Cheap, compact and works great. I also have a few Snarks and they are good too!
    Bay View, WI

I like Snarks because they are not that accurate...The Peterson's are too accurate so I'll be spending too much time.

Ukes are constanly out of tuned anyways!! If you want perfect intonation, play a violin or something with no frets!

Quote Originally Posted by DaleR View Post
    I like the Ohana. Cheap, compact and works great. I also have a few Snarks and they are good too!

I agree--I own about three Oahu tuners and about ten Snark tuners. The best? Oahu, hands down. See Aaron's vid here.

http://www.theukulelesite.com/oahu-clip-on-tuner.html

Smaller, better color in matte black, sticks up significantly less than Snark, much better head clip than Snark, turns itself off after use (Snark=dead battery when it inadvertently turns itself on in your gig bag. you'll see).
    Last edited by coolkayaker1; 03-16-2013 at 03:51 PM.

I will probably get a snark eventually. I know they are popular. Currently, I am still very happy with my Tiki Gogo tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Newportlocal View Post
    I will probably get a snark eventually. I know they are popular. Currently, I am still very happy with my Tiki Gogo tuner.
    I like my snark, but I like my intelli imt-500 better.

I have had a coupe tiki gogos and a snark. The snark is much better.

One of the tiki's died on me. Snark seems more accurate and more responsive. And you only have to hit the button, not hold it down, to turn it off. Small difference but noticeably less of a hassle.

I have only ever tried these to but for $10 on amazon i love the snark.

I have tried different types of tuners, and the Snark is the best bang for the buck. It's easy, just push the button for On, and push it for Off. I have several Snark's, i like the SN-1 and SN-6, both work great. And you can't beat the price. I get mine from Amazon.
    Playing every day since July 2010. Choose Happiness.

Thread Information