Best clip on tuner

Hey Richard the Korg was my main turner before I got the Cherub..I like the Korg a lot and would be still using it if it wasn't for the Cherub

I never saw the Honu on it until now haha

Thanks for the heads up on the Korg. I remember Stan talking about the cherub before. I will check one out.

I like Snarks because they are not that accurate...The Peterson's are too accurate so I'll be spending too much time.

Ukes are constanly out of tuned anyways!! If you want perfect intonation, play a violin or something with no frets!

Too accurate?? Actually using the Peterson is really quick, perhaps quicker than others when you get to know it.

I have a clip on lanikai tuner that I bought from HMS with my uke. I haven't had any issues with it :) .

When I went to a music store the other day, they mistakenly thought I needed a tuner, and they recommended the Snark and said they are great and they use them all day in their store.

Is there any difference between the snark sn2 and sn8 if you're only using them for ukes? Been meaning to ask this for awhile, so I'll. just piggyback on this thread.

The graduations on the SN8 aren't as fine as on the SN2. SN2 every time.

Since we're talking tuners I'll ask a stupid question. I just got a Risa Solid Concert. I have a Korg plugin tuner that worked fine but clip on might be nice. Will they work with the Risa. Any special issues to consider?

Anyone who makes the Kala clip on? That's the one I ordered recently.

Have it, works fine and is my favourite. I also have a Snark, it works fine to. Tried a couple of Android tuing-apps, they work fine to. All give about the same tunings.

Anyone who makes the Kala clip on? That's the one I ordered recently.

I have 2. They came with ukes I bought. They are small, work well and have chromatic, C and D tuning settings.

Since we're talking tuners I'll ask a stupid question. I just got a Risa Solid Concert. I have a Korg plugin tuner that worked fine but clip on might be nice. Will they work with the Risa. Any special issues to consider?

Clip on tuners will work with your Risa.

I have been happy with Snarks, accurate, easy to read and auto shut off. I did just order a Peterson just to check it out...more accurate is good!

There are also free iPhone app tuners. Not sure about Android.

andstsbmin

I have the cherub that came with my makala concert bundle , works great, just got a snark, I thought it was off but the guy at the music store checked it for me and tells me it's fine, I guess I have to get use to it. But the one I like the most and the one that stays on my tenor is the D'Addario miniheadstock tuner, awesome little tuner and dang near idiot proof, which helps me a lot ,lol .

They work fine, just not a lot of wood to clip it on to - but they do work

Have owned bunches of clip ons. One of my faves is also one of the cheapest purchases I made, made by Intelli (IMT-500.) Very good accuracy, quick response, bends out of the way, nice backlight. Bought a number of years ago, in the $20-$25 range.

The best one (like everybody else's) is the one I have

I think for "best" clip on I'd have to say the Peterson strobo-clip - simply because with the simulated strobe display it is capable of displaying higher precision than anything else in the clip on category.

However, it's in the neighborhood of $75 so unless you're doing a lot of setups get something simple and disposable (i.e. a Snark or the like) and be happy with it. :)

I leave my Stroboclip in my toolbox with my setup tools and supplies. For everyday use I use a Snark. If I drop it and step on it (did I mention that my middle name is clumsy?) I won't shed any tears.

John

I love my Peterson strobe tuner...it's about dead on accurate...everyone wants to use it...well worth the money!

Protuner for iPhone and iStrobe tuner by Peterson are very accurate tuners. Now if I could only figure out a way of clipping my iPhone onto my uke! :)

Bill

I received my Kala clip on, and I'm really happy with it.
Easy to read - you can change the angle of the face.
It *hears* the uke very, very quickly, and it seems to be very accurate.

Love it.

I'm still an all Kala shop on the uke - Kala bari, case, and now tuner. ;)

Top Bottom