Best clip on tuner

I have a Peterson, only problem is that I can't use it, because the little pivot that supports the spring/ pin developed a stress crack and broke!!!
Do you thing Peterson will replace the part?

Protuner for iPhone and iStrobe tuner by Peterson are very accurate tuners. Now if I could only figure out a way of clipping my iPhone onto my uke! :)

Bill

Exactly. I've been happy with instuner for iphone but it still not as convenient as an actual clip-on tuner.

I have a Peterson, only problem is that I can't use it, because the little pivot that supports the spring/ pin developed a stress crack and broke!!!
Do you thing Peterson will replace the part?

You should write to them. Lots of companies are smart enough to take care of something like that.

Amazon currently has the Peterson for $60 which is within about $5 of the all-time low price. I had to get one to try.
http://amzn.com/B003WZ6VVM

I've also been using the Intelli 500s which have sufficed for years but I doubt they're the best since sometimes they have a bit of a hard time picking up notes.

I think that the Peterson holds the title of best clip-on tuner but is pricey. I really like Korg's AW-2 for the price and accuracy. I use it on uke, guitar and bass and it can handle really low tunings very well.

I think that the Peterson holds the title of best clip-on tuner but is pricey. I really like Korg's AW-2 for the price and accuracy. I use it on uke, guitar and bass and it can handle really low tunings very well.

I have the AW-2 as well. It'll say it works just as well as the Peterson and I like how the joint is more adjustable than the Peterson. I do like the Peterson, but will say that it probably was not worth the money. I can't hear the difference in accuracy between it and the AW-2 which is about a third of the price. It's cool to have the same tuner as Jake, and I believe I've seen it on Aldrine's headstock in some videos too. But function wise, unless you have really sensitive ears, it's about the same as a less-expensive tuner.

Can we just replace this entire thread with a sticky, which says:

"If you can afford a Peterson, buy one. If not, buy a Korg AW-2. If that's still a bit expensive, buy a Snark SN-2"

Can we just replace this entire thread with a sticky, which says:

"If you can afford a Peterson, buy one. If not, buy a Korg AW-2. If that's still a bit expensive, buy a Snark SN-2"

Ok. I took your advice. I decided I can afford a Peterson so I just ordered one! :D :D :D :D

Peterson did replace the clip on my Stroboclip. Free, no hassle , no shipping, tremendous service.
As to quality, the "sweetening" is amazing. I use it for acoustic guitar, ukulele and u-bass. Each has a special setting and it really makes a difference you can hear. I highly recommend this tuner, and the company.

UPDATE: My Peterson tuner came. I've been using it for a couple of days now, and I like it. Not sure it was worth all that money, but it is really nice. I especially like it for mandolin. No regrets here.

Hi, I'm new and I'm looking for a cheap clip on tuner. Would you guys say the Planet Waves NS Mini Headstock tuner is better than the Snark SN-6 or the Oahu tuner that HMS recommends?

Hi, I'm new and I'm looking for a cheap clip on tuner. Would you guys say the Planet Waves NS Mini Headstock tuner is better than the Snark SN-6 or the Oahu tuner that HMS recommends?

I have both, actually just got the NS mini Headstock today

I compared both as in I tuned with NS then the Oahu (since I had that first, I used this as my guide), it seemed fine.
There is a review on amazon that it is off-key when compared to the peterson strobe

I like both, but the size of the NS is really small enough where I'm just going to leave it on but with the lcd on top instead of the way it's being typically used, underneath the headstock.

The neat thing is that you can flip the lcd display by holding the freq button so that it's not upside down if you have it above the headstock

original display placed top of headstock
originalposition.jpg

flipped display
flippedposition.jpg

you can't go wrong with either one

Take this with bag salt
from someone who just realized twinkle-twinkle-little-star
is the same melody (?) as "The ABC" song :D

I have both, actually just got the NS mini Headstock today

I compared both as in I tuned with NS then the Oahu (since I had that first, I used this as my guide), it seemed fine.
There is a review on amazon that it is off-key when compared to the peterson strobe

I like both, but the size of the NS is really small enough where I'm just going to leave it on but with the lcd on top instead of the way it's being typically used, underneath the headstock.

The neat thing is that you can flip the lcd display by holding the freq button so that it's not upside down if you have it above the headstock

original display placed top of headstock
View attachment 52503

flipped display
View attachment 52502

you can't go wrong with either one

Take this with bag salt
from someone who just realized twinkle-twinkle-little-star
is the same melody (?) as "The ABC" song :D

The NS looks pretty cool! I just placed an order and I think it'll arrive around the same time as my ukulele. :D

Btw, how did you realise that Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is the same as ABC? I only found out when my sister and I sang both at the same time back when we were kids. The revelation was mindblowing. ;)

I have a peterson 590 that I've had to send back twice. and it's starting to glitch out again! Meanwhile my dad's peterson is from the 60's and never stops. Their new strobe tuners....%+*#! Oh sorry, clip on's. These all work fine but I'll tell you what I don't like.

PW NS- Small footprint is cool but awkward detaching method. The release is weird. No?

Kala KC02- Try going up one fret at a time and look at how crazy it gets.

Korg AW2U- I don't get dedicated tuners. (ukulele pitches only?) Why not just be chromatic. I want to see that the F and F#, Heck some ukes I like a half step down. There's just no point in only reading 4 notes. Chromatic is all you need for anything. Make adjustments from there if you hear the need.

Snarks- Love snarks, their tough! Don't work great for intonation or harmonics, but they rule the UBass all the way down. Can't be beat on those.

Oahu- higher frequency intonation better but goes away below the high G on a U Bass. Not even the harmonics? wth

Stroboclip- You lost me at bagpipes setting. And beyond the western scale? Couldn't it at least take my blood pressure or something remotely useful.

Winner is Kala KC03 tuner metronome because it's going on sale for $10 in the next day. Tuner & metronome in one! We can tune all day but our string pressure makes it irrelevant. Look at my fingers! Mine as well work on timing. Playing and listening to something other than myself? hmm

Winner is Kala KC03 tuner metronome because it's going on sale for $10 in the next day. Tuner & metronome in one! We can tune all day but our string pressure makes it irrelevant. Look at my fingers! Mine as well work on timing. Playing and listening to something other than myself? hmm

You're telling us this AFTER I finalised my order with you (PayPal nightmare!) and bought a different tuner? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shall I credit your PayPal 10 bucks and switch it to the KC-03. Not hard.

haha, ya right. ey, you gotta get me that last animated logo. so cool, wish I could do that.
sorry, carry on, tuner talk

No worries Andrew. Soon as I get a few minutes, I'm on it! Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in HD.

Right...tuners...erm...

Top Bottom