Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best clip on tuner

Quote Originally Posted by UkeKiddinMe View Post
    Anyone who makes the Kala clip on? That's the one I ordered recently.
    I have 2. They came with ukes I bought. They are small, work well and have chromatic, C and D tuning settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    Since we're talking tuners I'll ask a stupid question. I just got a Risa Solid Concert. I have a Korg plugin tuner that worked fine but clip on might be nice. Will they work with the Risa. Any special issues to consider?
    Clip on tuners will work with your Risa.
    Let's have a laugh after we cry. Let's hope we live before we die. Loudon Wainwright III
    Best Regards,
    Ray

I have been happy with Snarks, accurate, easy to read and auto shut off. I did just order a Peterson just to check it out...more accurate is good!

There are also free iPhone app tuners. Not sure about Android.
    There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be... - John Lennon

Default andstsbmin

I have the cherub that came with my makala concert bundle , works great, just got a snark, I thought it was off but the guy at the music store checked it for me and tells me it's fine, I guess I have to get use to it. But the one I like the most and the one that stays on my tenor is the D'Addario miniheadstock tuner, awesome little tuner and dang near idiot proof, which helps me a lot ,lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    Since we're talking tuners I'll ask a stupid question. I just got a Risa Solid Concert. I have a Korg plugin tuner that worked fine but clip on might be nice. Will they work with the Risa. Any special issues to consider?
    They work fine, just not a lot of wood to clip it on to - but they do work
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Have owned bunches of clip ons. One of my faves is also one of the cheapest purchases I made, made by Intelli (IMT-500.) Very good accuracy, quick response, bends out of the way, nice backlight. Bought a number of years ago, in the $20-$25 range.

The best one (like everybody else's) is the one I have
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

I think for "best" clip on I'd have to say the Peterson strobo-clip - simply because with the simulated strobe display it is capable of displaying higher precision than anything else in the clip on category.

However, it's in the neighborhood of $75 so unless you're doing a lot of setups get something simple and disposable (i.e. a Snark or the like) and be happy with it.

I leave my Stroboclip in my toolbox with my setup tools and supplies. For everyday use I use a Snark. If I drop it and step on it (did I mention that my middle name is clumsy?) I won't shed any tears.

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

I love my Peterson strobe tuner...it's about dead on accurate...everyone wants to use it...well worth the money!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Protuner for iPhone and iStrobe tuner by Peterson are very accurate tuners. Now if I could only figure out a way of clipping my iPhone onto my uke!

Bill

I received my Kala clip on, and I'm really happy with it.
    Easy to read - you can change the angle of the face.
    It *hears* the uke very, very quickly, and it seems to be very accurate.

Love it.

I'm still an all Kala shop on the uke - Kala bari, case, and now tuner.
    +

Frank

Picco Music
    Micro Scale Instruments - featuring the PiccoBass guitar-scale Bass
    http://www.piccomusic.com
    https://www.facebook.com/PiccoMusic

Thread Information