Jay's *UKEJAM BY THE BAY* Saturday, March 23rd (San Francisco, CA)

Thanks, Jay, for organizing this jam. Had lots of fun, met some really nice people, saw some really cool ukuleles (not that I need any more...) and hope it happens again.

UKEJAM BY THE BAY - SLIDE SHOW 2013 now available

HI All, thanks again for a fantastic day. I look forward to hosting UKEJAM By The Bay in 2014 and hopefully we'll continue to grow and fill up the venue!
Watch to where we had the "Show us your ukes". Chuck Moore's uke was stunning and the Pepe Romero was cool....but I have to say, Toni's Anokoneke Mermaid that she made was simply beautiful. Thanks Toni for bringing your gems with you. I might just have to sell one of mine to make room for an Anokoneke!

Here is a momento of our day....enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0PLAClVYP4

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey Jay, Ryan and the guys,
The first annual Uke Jam by the bay looked great. I hope everyone had fun.
Thanks for posting. Maybe I'll be in the Bay Area next year.
Alan

Hi Alan, thanks. Hopefully UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2014 will be double the size. I am going to try and get more Luthiers to come and jam and share their ukes with us and talk about their building. I also have a ukulele recording artist (name to be withheld until confirmed for next year) who couldn't make it this year but might make it next year. It would just be great to see him play and hear him sing as he is fantastic...just a day of jamming and music. I think everyone had a great time and it felt like we all knew each other after a few hours of jamming together.

Hope to see everyone again.

Hey Jay, Ryan and the guys,
The first annual Uke Jam by the bay looked great. I hope everyone had fun.
Thanks for posting. Maybe I'll be in the Bay Area next year.
Alan

Thanks, Jay, for all the work you put into organizing the SF UU jam and for offering a great space in which to play, and to you and Ryan for hosting! It was great fun meeting everyone and getting to see everyone's ukuleles, especially a certain Moore Bettah, a certain Pepe Romero (both of which I had the pleasure of playing briefly), some nice Pohaku ukuleles, and the lovely Anakoneke ukuleles that Toni builds. I know the jam was a big undertaking, but it was great fun and got talked up a bit among San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion members, several of whom want to attend if there's another one, so I hope there's another one sometime soon.

Great meeting you too, that uke was one cool instrument, a real piece of art. Of course you need "just one more" ;-)
Hope to see you at Ukejam By The Bay 2014!

Cheers!

Thanks, Jay, for organizing this jam. Had lots of fun, met some really nice people, saw some really cool ukuleles (not that I need any more...) and hope it happens again.

Howdy and thanks for the kind words and getting your group up to lead some songs. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone have a good time and just playing having fun. I am going to make this an annual event as it was a bunch of work to get it together, but I have some great friends who helped and supported the efforts. I am going to hopefully have some more luthiers next time and am going to coordinate with them to make sure they have nothing planning and can commit to coming...although people still cancel!

Look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks, Jay, for all the work you put into organizing the SF UU jam and for offering a great space in which to play, and to you and Ryan for hosting! It was great fun meeting everyone and getting to see everyone's ukuleles, especially a certain Moore Bettah, a certain Pepe Romero (both of which I had the pleasure of playing briefly), some nice Pohaku ukuleles, and the lovely Anakoneke ukuleles that Toni builds. I know the jam was a big undertaking, but it was great fun and got talked up a bit among San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion members, several of whom want to attend if there's another one, so I hope there's another one sometime soon.

I'll be there for the afternoon portion, and I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone. Some ukers in the SF Ukulele Rebellion meetup group have also expressed an interest, and I'm sure they'd be happy to join UU if they haven't already. Please let me know if it's okay to share the link to this thread with them. Thanks!

Hey Mark, I just got an email from CR, my uke is going in the spray booth and I should have it in two weeks. Can't wait to jam with our octave ukes!

Top Bottom