Jay's *UKEJAM BY THE BAY* Saturday, March 23rd (San Francisco, CA)

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Aloha Everyone, here are the details for my 1st "UKEJAM BY THE BAY" get together for UU members to meet, greet, and jam. If anyone wants to lead a song, please PM me and I will fit you in. We have 30 songs picked out to have enough for the day, which with the agenda we may or may not get through them all.

1095 Folsom St. San Francisco, CA (Corner of 7th and Folsom). Sign will be on the door. Parking is 1hr zones (no meters but they are vultures in the parking dept.) so best is to take BART to Civic Center station and just walk down 7th til you get to 7th and Folsom, or if live in SF, public transportation. There are unlimited parking spots on side streets off of Folsom around 7th, 6th, 5th. The weather should be nice Saturday. There are parking garages at 801 Bryant St., 502 6th Street, and 365 Harriet St. These are AMPCO and CENTRAL parking. It's only a three block walk from these locations.

10:00am to 11:00am – Arrivals and Name Tags and Schmoozing
11:00am to 11:15am – Welcome and start jamming! (Jay, Ryan, Jim, Jon)
11:15am to 12:00pm – All Jam
12:00am to 1:00pm – Everyone goes and finds lunch
1:00pm to 1:30pm – Show us your ukes and Ukes for Kids presentation. Share a few words about the uke you brought (is it special, how did you get it, etc… custom’s always of interest!)
1:30pm to 2:30pm – All Jam
2:30pm to 3:00pm – Social break
3:00pm to 3:45pm – All Jam
3:45pm to 4:00pm – Final Song and wrap up

Hope to see ya'll there. This is a "jam" not a uke show or uke festival. Please don't expect to see booths, because it's all about the meetin, greetin, and jamin!

Mahalo,

Every once in a while an event comes up that makes me wish I lived in SF.

This is one of them.

Thanks again Jay for putting on this event. Can't wait to hang out and put some faces with the names.

I'll be there for the afternoon portion, and I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone. Some ukers in the SF Ukulele Rebellion meetup group have also expressed an interest, and I'm sure they'd be happy to join UU if they haven't already. Please let me know if it's okay to share the link to this thread with them. Thanks!

Darn it, I have a prior commitment that day.
Hope to meet you guys in Hayward next month.
Have fun guys, I know it'll be a blast.
Pictures please..............Bo..........

Wow Jay

looks like the Bay Area UU members getting excited for you UkeJam..good job and I hope it all goes smooth
take care and have fun you guys!

I think the jam session should make a video on Saturday for this week's Seasons of the Uke. One of the songs we play should be a song about songs, so we can videotape it and post it in the Seasons of the Uke thread. Thoughts? Song suggestions?

I definitely want a video of the jam for my YouTube Channel, and we have a song list but if you know of a good song about songs, I am sure we can fit it in. Large tips move you to the top ;-) Just kidding.
Getting close...hope it all turns out ok!

I think the jam session should make a video on Saturday for this week's Seasons of the Uke. One of the songs we play should be a song about songs, so we can videotape it and post it in the Seasons of the Uke thread. Thoughts? Song suggestions?

I'm hoping it works out smoothly as well...never done this so I'm aiming for just a fun time. Hopefully there will be no ukulele fights ;-)

J

Wow Jay

looks like the Bay Area UU members getting excited for you UkeJam..good job and I hope it all goes smooth
take care and have fun you guys!

Jay and I are getting about 30 songs together and we can choose from them. We are hoping people will bring a song they might want to lead the group through.....

Also, if you have a portable music stand, it might be helpful to bring it along. Really looking forward to meeting all these great UU friends in person!

I will have my acoustic amp, mixing board, two vocal mic's and one instrument mic to mic acoustic instruments. My amp is 60 watts and will be more than enough for people to hear without blasting out everyone. Amp'd instruments just sound so cool. Plus I'll have a cable if someone wants to plug in directly to the board. Just a tiny set up but I don't have a P.A. and we don't need one for this.

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY! WOHOO!

Watch only 10 people show up. HAHA!

Cheers!

Jay and I are getting about 30 songs together and we can choose from them. We are hoping people will bring a song they might want to lead the group through.....

Also, if you have a portable music stand, it might be helpful to bring it along. Really looking forward to meeting all these great UU friends in person!

People ought to bring their copies of The Daily Ukulele and The Daily Ukulele Leap Year Edition. Maybe if everyone who has them brings them we'll have enough to play songs from them.

None of these songs I believe are in those. Everyone can bring their copy of The Leap Year Edition if they wish, I sold The Daily Uke because all the songs were way too old for me.. I didn't know any!! ;-) I think having 30 songs suprisingly is going to carry us as we are going to have some breaks, people going out to get lunch and then an afternoon session. I'll have copies for folks of the 30 I listed, so no one has to worry if they don't have those.

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2013!

People ought to bring their copies of The Daily Ukulele and The Daily Ukulele Leap Year Edition. Maybe if everyone who has them brings them we'll have enough to play songs from them.

None of these songs I believe are in those. Everyone can bring their copy of The Leap Year Edition if they wish, I sold The Daily Uke because all the songs were way too old for me.. I didn't know any!! ;-) I think having 30 songs suprisingly is going to carry us as we are going to have some breaks, people going out to get lunch and then an afternoon session. I'll have copies for folks of the 30 I listed, so no one has to worry if they don't have those.

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2013!

I guess this is a good enough reason to go out and get the Leap Year Edition. I hope Smiley has a copy at Ukulele Source :)

Top Bottom