just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

The SOTU standard to post the theme and specifics of the week about 4-6 hours before Midnight Hawaii Time, right? My goal is to finish my song for the week's theme to be realeased alongside the intro video and rules, but with a heavy workload this weekend, that might not happen... The prizes were going to be used as instruments in the song. That may or may not happen.

There will be no clues as to my theme, but since I haven't hosted since week 69, I hope to have you all quivering with antici....

pation.

my brain can't quite wrap itself around figuring out the hawaii time for posting - i know it's about 6pm give or take a bit, in the states, and typically that's about 10 pm to midnight, sometimes a bit later, here in the UK, although people do sometimes post a bit earlier, sometimes seasons go up in the afternoon here in the UK. i actually think that might be morning, hawaii time? nope, my brain refuses to compute!

what i do know for sure is yes indeed, can't wait to find out what your theme will be ! :rock:

Reminiscing about Season 69.. I found the intro video. I forgot how sick I was that week,

"nothing overtly sexual"... what an odd rule for Season 69.

my brain can't quite wrap itself around figuring out the hawaii time for posting - i know it's about 6pm give or take a bit, in the states, and typically that's about 10 pm to midnight, sometimes a bit later, here in the UK, although people do sometimes post a bit earlier, sometimes seasons go up in the afternoon here in the UK. i actually think that might be morning, hawaii time? nope, my brain refuses to compute!

what i do know for sure is yes indeed, can't wait to find out what your theme will be ! :rock:

I have Honolulu time on my phone (as well as GMT, that is)

Oooh intrigue...

Screenshot-20190928-132236.png

How about "Buck Owens Greatest Hits?" Or Country Songs, or a special category for collaborations, conglomerations!

Gary and I are working up "Act Naturally" for next week and it will break his heart if we can't do it. I guess if all else fails I'll have him play his guitar and me the Big Zebra and put it up in SPOI?

Could you do that again, please, Ylle ... I think I missed something!

Psst....it is secret stuff.... you need to turn the volume up as high as it will go. The truth shall be revealed.

So...
That's a big round number. It seems important. (meh.. it's just an accident of math).. I was wondering with anticiption.. would we get "songs by left-handed drummers"... or...the "Terre Haute Sound"... or... anyways...

I see it's in Tootler's hands. Ah, no worries. Always good themes from Tootler. Times of Change, Songs that Tell Stories, Contemporary Folk, Colors, I remember them all very well.

I went and counted and this is his 27th week hosting! Lots of experience. Perfect choice, especially since I'm putting up these posters around various places on the Internet.

SOTU2.png

Thinking up bad ideas for themes, that would be an interesting theme for a week. in and of itself. Each contestant chooses their own theme, and the winner is determined by who can come up with the best 'worst' themes....

The Music of Antarctica

Songs in 1/1 time

Songs about really bad odors

Last edited:
I mythed Week 189, and I just figured out it must have been because I was having back surgery...

Myths and Legends I and II..Cool.

It's Saturday! I still haven't got Things in the can yet! My tablet is giving me problems and the mic is putrid on it.

What's a humble strummer to do...!

But Tootler came up with a Legendary Season, so this is a week for "The Wine Dark Sea!" Hooray!

Top Bottom