just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

thanks for the correction. I thought it was the 20th but I went with what google said! :p

Landing on the 20th, day after we got married. We watched it on TV in our honeymoon hotel. We celebrated our 50th anniversary they day before the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. The dates are kind of etched in my mind!

SOTU 419

STOP PRESS

Despite numerous requests, I regret that Season 419 will NOT be on the subject of peas … or, indeed, any other leguminous vegetable. We shall NOT be giving “peas a chance.” Peas are basically exceedingly boring - in a round, green, nutritious sort of way - and there is very little evidence that they have ever figured largely as any songwriter’s inspiration. I apologise for any disappointment that this announcement might cause.

I now have a lot of rugby to watch. (Rugby will also NOT be the subject of the forthcoming Season.)

The theme for Season 419 will be announced in a few hours time.

Brassicas then? My songwriting has been mining a rich seam of brassica based material lately......

Or maybe I just dreamt that....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brassicas then? My songwriting has been mining a rich seam of brassica based material lately......

Or maybe I just dreamt that....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
John I did come across one of your new songs on The Brassica Songwriter's Forum.Your powerful anti-war piece " Where have all the cauliflowers gone".

John I did come across one of your new songs on The Brassica Songwriter's Forum.Your powerful anti-war piece " Where have all the cauliflowers gone".

Guilty as charged John. I also wrote the paean
to female Rugby League players, "He loved her for years and years, in spite of her cauliflower ears".

Last edited:
Guilty as charged John. I also wrote the paean
to female Rugby League players, "He loved her for years and years, in spite of her cauliflower ears".
hahahaha...when I date female Rugby League players I tend to prefer wingers to front rowers.But I admire your inclusiveness.

I've spent so much time wearing headphones lately that I think i've discovered a new way to get cauliflower ears, assuming of course that it is something to aspire to :)

I've spent so much time wearing headphones lately that I think i've discovered a new way to get cauliflower ears, assuming of course that it is something to aspire to :)

It probably ISN'T something to aspire to! (As a matter of interest, do American Football players get cauliflower ears? ... I guess they probably don't with all that protective head gear.)

Top Bottom