Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Tenor

Votes: 94 34.8%
  • Baritone

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
I love both the concert and tenor sizes. Sopranos are a bit too small for me.

Today, it's concert. I like its versatility. Sounds soprano-y when you want it to but you can play it like a tenor too. Also it's not too big for itsy bitsy me.

Soprano.. All the way. I have a tenor and it reminds me too much of a guitar. And there's too many of those around the house. I love sopranos, it's just what a ukulele should be for me.

Just got my hand on my new Fluke. First concert size and it feels pretty good! Will need some more time to see if it outranks the sopranos I have, but this may be very possible.

Concert fits me best, and is what I play the most. I play tenor some, but it's a bit of a struggle.

My husband plays tenors almost exclusively.

Coming from the guitar world, I started with a tenor. Through a series of lucky circumstances, my second uke was a soprano. I just couldn't get the hang of the tiny fretboard, so I bought a concert. Now I'm hooked. Concert it is.

Concert, followed closely by soprano.

Another vote for soprano. I'm not convinced that the size matters so much (to me, at least). Rather, I think that having a good player sways you towards a particular size. My first three ukes were a soprano, concert, and baritone. I LOVED that concert more than the others. Then I bought an old Favilla (soprano), which has become my go to ukulele and has really made me prefer sopranos. Ah, but heck, I love 'em all!

I'll always be a soprano uke guy. I used to have no interest in any other scales, but over the past year, I've learned to love the baritone ukulele as well. I'm even starting to get curious about concert and tenor ukes (especially curious about tuning them down to GbBbEbAb for mellowness).

Concert.

In the earlier days of UU i am pretty sure Tenors ruled the land, but it seems now size prefernce has been moving towards other sizes, according to poll results currently.

I find the concert most comfortable to play, and I also enjoy the super concert...but love the full sound and tone of the tenor....Sometimes, at night when I'm very tired and want to be a "couch potato" the soprano works best for me.... So, all three work for me in different ways.

My favorite size uke is soprano, but my favorite uke is a concert, and it's just about all I play

I like super sopranos the best.

love em all for different reasons. I think I play sopranos most often, followed by concerts and baritones.

Big or small. It doesn't matter as long as they're natural.
Wait....what was the question again?

I waffle between concert and soprano, so I'm getting a custom super soprano. I figure it's the best of both worlds.

For me it's tenor first and my only other option of choice is super concert.

Top Bottom