My new handpainted Tiki King Tiki Fluke has arrived!

DaleR

Reaction score
I love the artwork, the build is quite nice, the sound is full and mellow and it was worth every penny, BUT...I am in love with the sound of my pinas and my dolphin noir. Will I overcome this love of sound, bark and volume and prefer the more expensive Fluke when I grow up? Do I need to grow up? What say ye, brethren (and sistern! lol)?

tikifluke.jpg

You can kill zombies with that thing, can the other ones do that?:cheers:

Love is LOVE. If you have love for a uke, play it with a smile in your heart and don't even think of growing up!

Nix

This thing is awesome! I hope you find a tiki-shaped hole in your heart to let it in. Maybe change out the strings if you want a louder bark?

Very cool Fluke! Grow up? Naaaah...don't do it...ever!

Aloha Dale,
Congrats on you new tiki fluke..I love green and tikis..I have a mango one and it sounds amazing...have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings...

This thing is awesome! I hope you find a tiki-shaped hole in your heart to let it in. Maybe change out the strings if you want a louder bark?

I keep hearing how loud these Flukes are. Mine is not loud at all, has new Aquila strings, seems a bit hard to fret (this is just me though), but has a sweet voice. Full, but not loud at all.

What strings would give it a light touch and louder bark?

Last edited:
Again, which strings will give volume and punch to this uke?!

I would answer if I could. Maybe start a thread in the tips, techniques... forum with a subject specific to strings. That might get folks who skipped over this because they thought it was a thread they already read.

Again, which strings will give volume and punch to this uke?!

I have the new Aquila Reds on my Fluke and it barks louder now than it did with the stock Aquilas.

Congrats on the new Fluke!

Scooter

I would answer if I could. Maybe start a thread in the tips, techniques... forum with a subject specific to strings. That might get folks who skipped over this because they thought it was a thread they already read.

Well, you mentioned putting new strings on a newly manufactured Fluke. What strings do YOU suggest?! I also think it is hard to fret because the molded fretboard has very minute frets. That is something they could improve on, slightly larger frets. Might be the size too, requiring a bit more pressure. It's nice, but not worth the coin.

The hand painted top is AWESOME!!!

I have the new Aquila Reds on my Fluke and it barks louder now than it did with the stock Aquilas.

Congrats on the new Fluke!

Scooter

Now that might be something to look into! These are brand new Aquilas, so they should brighten up as they play in. This fluke would look awesome with those new strings too.

Just ordered some Freemonts, upon recommendation of Mike at Uke Republic.

Congrats on the cooltiki!
I keep going back to my flea (plastic fretboard) and fluke (rosewood) because they are so darn easy to fret.
That 0 fret makes b flat go down easy.

Ooooo...that sound is really starting to come in nicely now! Perhaps I need not worry about comparing to the superior sound of the pina! Just ride the wave and enjoy the very full mellow sound of The Tiki Fluke.

Sort of worried about playing too much and wearing off The Tiki King's sig and date, which is right where your arm cradles the bebe! Worth every penny and a real collector's dream!

Thanks Tiki King and to the good folks at Magic Fluke!

Wow, wild! Enjoy!

Just got an email from The Tiki King himself, who did the artwork on the top...there are four coats of clear coat over the actual paint, so this is good to go!

You might try D'Addario Titanium T2 strings. I found them to make a nicer sound from my pineapple than the stock Aquila strings. They fret a little easier and have plenty of volume. The purple color is soothing, too.

Fremont medium blacklines are installed and wow, what a difference in voice on the fluke. I tried them on my black dolphin and much the same, it really made a difference! Time to restring the pina and see how it affects the sound there too!

Top Bottom