James Hill's Assam / Like a Bird, revisited with TAB

ukuleletim

Reaction score
I recorded this medley right after James' CD came out and also tabbed Like a Bird. Assam was too funky for me to tab. Maybe someday.

Well, I sent the TAB to James and asked if I could share it and he said yes. I will put a post in the TABS forum but here is a video I just made to accompany it.

I arranged it a little differently than the original so don't freak out. You can play it how you like. I am also playing in standard tuning GCEA. James recorded it and plays it a full step higher which gives it a beautiful ring. I just don't like to retune my instruments (lazy).

And the TAB can be found here.

Thanks, guys! I love this album, too, as well as just about anything James does.

very nice work! it amazes everyday how many different sounds we can get from the same instrument... even with all of jame's different styles, he has a unique sound that comes from each.
great video, look forward to seeing more of your work!

very nice work! it amazes everyday how many different sounds we can get from the same instrument... even with all of jame's different styles, he has a unique sound that comes from each.
great video, look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks, Craig. Not sure how much more I got in me! I've been distracted by other instruments lately.

But I just wanted to say I've been following your vids for a while and I think you are an outstanding musician.

Thanks, Craig. Not sure how much more I got in me! I've been distracted by other instruments lately.

But I just wanted to say I've been following your vids for a while and I think you are an outstanding musician.

There are other instruments?? Noooo.... Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm just lucky that I found what makes me happiest (playing and sharing music with others!). What other instruments have been tempting you?

There are other instruments?? Noooo.... Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm just lucky that I found what makes me happiest (playing and sharing music with others!). What other instruments have been tempting you?

Shhhhh... I guess there are other instruments. Don't tell anyone. And yes playing and sharing music is unmatched as far as happiness goes for me, too.

My current distraction is old time fiddle and banjo. I love the social aspect and tradition of old time music. ANd I am finding ukulele to fit in with it as well.

Shhhhh... I guess there are other instruments. Don't tell anyone. And yes playing and sharing music is unmatched as far as happiness goes for me, too.

My current distraction is old time fiddle and banjo. I love the social aspect and tradition of old time music. ANd I am finding ukulele to fit in with it as well.
I love old-time fiddle and banjo..... Also shhhhhh! Littele chance of me playing a fiddle - but I couldn't resist a tenor banjo that was going cheap. Just for an occasional noodle!)

Top Bottom