What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

Next for me is a Kanile'a SUS Deluxe Baritone. Hopefully ready in about a fortnight.

Last two bought were a Kanilea Slot Head Super Concert and a Martin T1K. Next up probably an Anuenue tenor of some variety and a custom tenor from David Gomes. Ukes are so much more space efficient than my guitar addiction.

The last uke I purchased was my Fred Shields style-O soprano. I mainly play sopranos, and my LoPrinzi custom 12 fret to body concert (which isn't much bigger than a soprano).
Next on the list is to get a custom LoPrinzi soprano. I also really want to get a Kiwaya KTS-4.

Pono ATC-PC. It's a beauty, with highly figured acacia and a cutaway. My next is a custom Donaldson. But I'm also UASing for a Cocobolo tenor (I have a concert), and a nice mahogany Tiny Tenor.

I have had my beautiful Beansprout alto for about two months, and I probably put in an order for a baritone from Aaron a month ago almost, but it won’t be made for quite a while - we’re temporarily relocating next year and I don’t want to have to mess with international shipping. So, I’m hoping to meet my baritone when we return home. That’ll give me plenty of time to practice on my alto (which I plan to bring with me) and agonize over wood choices for the new one.

The Southern Ukulele Store cedar top Kanile'a concert was my last purchase. Magnificent uke, couldn't be happier with it.

My custom soprano, which I ordered in spring, should be ready soon. After that, the only thing I'm eyeing is a Cocobolo concert so I'll have to keep an eye out for those lotteries.

My last ukulele was a custom-built Jupiter Tenor #77 (Watertank Redwood and Pennsylvania Sycamore). My next one may be never. I've pretty well got everything covered with my current collection. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Last: Bonanzalele (but probably won't be built/ship 'til January)
Next: Anuenue Koa Bird 3K - either a concert or tenor, whatever comes in stock first!

Last edited:
Just bought a Kamaka HF-2 from the early 80s - it arrived in great condition (slightly crooked Kamaka sticker/label...), and sounds amazing - I can't describe what it is about Kamakas, but they have a unique, beautiful tone... Have had a lot of ukuleles, and I'm not sure I'll buy any other brand, going forward.

I thought I was done but I'm kinda itching for another. Not exactly sure what I want, but I'm thinking I'll either get a soprano, a concert, a tenor, or a baritone...

Well I bought and sold a Gold Tone Resouke between July and early November and I also had delivered a Pohaku Resonator around the 1st of November......I got no plans but to play and smile, smile, smile.......done buying for a long time I think.......

Last edited:
I'm on the look out for a decent soprano pineapple. Will probably pop for one of Mike's Mainlands.

My most recent purchase arrived a few days ago - a soprano pineapple from Koa Kalane in Hawaii (but not made in Hawaii). Solid acacia body, good looking, well made. The finish is not the best, but is OK. Very good sound, but needed to be set up at the nut and the saddle. I did the set-up myself, but if you prefer to have it done by a professional, that will add to the very reasonable cost. Well worth a look at their web site.

https://koakalane.com/store/

John Colter

ps. Mine has twelve frets and a regular rectangular shaped bridge - not as illustrated on their web site. As an avowed traditionalist, I'm very happy with the one they sent me, but if you need more than twelve frets, you should clear that with them.

Last edited:
Anuenue's AMM3, perhaps. Recently get to know this model has a special bracing design that makes the mid-lower sound range particularly deep. Who can resist some good old mahogany....

Top Bottom