What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

Last two in... 100 year Anniversary Kamaka Pineapple & then the KoAloha Pop's Pineapple Sunday. Last THREE out... LoPrinzi Tenor, KoAloha Sceptre, & KoAloha Super Concert - not buying another anytime soon!!

Mahalo!

Thanks, folks. I'll post a video when it's ready. I'm really excited to try it out. It's more uke than I deserve probably, but it will get a lot of playing time and a lot of love.

Last ukulele I bought - 2018 Koaloha Opio Spruce concert. My first serious ukulele purchase

Next ukulele - I'm thinking about a long-neck (concert scale) soprano or long-neck (tenor scale) concert. Settling into the concert size and now I'm looking at variations on the concert to see if I can fine-tune my preference. I prefer the sound from a concert compared to a tenor. I also like the bright sound of a soprano, but find it difficult to play. So probably a long-neck soprano next.

Lanakai 5-string tenor. Sweet. I expected the best of both worlds, high G and Low G, but alas it's neither; it's another world altogether. My next one? I love them all and so I'm undecided. Probably the next one will be whatever I can sneak in past by ever-vigilant wife.

Sound Smith solid Cedar top and koa back and sides. Factory second. I bought it during their online garage sale. They repaired a small crack in the top near the neck - barely noticeable. It is unique in that the neck and saddle are ever so slightly off center. That would make it hard to resell, but one doesn’t buy a factory second with that objective in mind. I am preferring it over my cherry Bonanza concert sound-wise.

Top Bottom