Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast

Thread: What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I was going to wait a while before I replaced the Harmony Baritone I recently sold, but then I found an excellent deal on this Ohana BK-70M Baritone. (Solid Spruce Top, Lam. Mahogany Back & Sides) I'm pretty happy with it...swapped out the Aquilas for a set of Martin Fluorocarbons and it sounds great.

(Dealer's Photo)
    kijmuj5skfdlm3gsgthk.jpg
    Larry

KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    KALA SOLID FLAME MAPLE CONCERT
    JUPITER UKULELE TENOR #77, REDWOOD/SYCAMORE
    ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR" (LOW "G")
    ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    OHANA BK-70M BARITONE

Maybe a dirt cheap tenor. I've been playing concert because it fits much better, but now that I've been playing awhile I want to see if I can reach some on a tenor. I loved the Duke10 I got when I just started, but got rid of it when it just felt too big. I want to see if my reach is better and I can hunt for one again.

If I get the cheap tenor I won't care if I have to just toss it if I can't play it. I really want to find a really nice banjo uke and some of the other I tried I didn't like as much. That Duke only comes in tenor size (yes, I know they're not selling new right now).

I'm guessing it probably won't work (I have a problem with the bigger sizes) but why not?

Happy holidays everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by richntacoma View Post
    Pictures of my new Pohaku Concert 10, set to arrive Thursday. If it sounds half as good as it looks, I am thrilled.
    Great looking Concert. Will your first song be "Hearts and Bones"?
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

I was looking on ebay and saw a flat maple Bruko for $40. Sadly I lowballed the auction and lost. Then I found the same uke on Gumtree for $90, and the person was visiting my Melbourne that weekend. So when the universe speaks… and now I'm wondering what strings will suit it best.
    I was also trying for a one in, one out approach to the herd, but my girlfriend likes the Kala I was going to move on, so now it's plus one.
    No more planned. No, really. None. Unless I bump into a walnut bruko or a wildy mispriced kiwaya.

Pondering trying a baritone. Maybe a Cordoba 20BM
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Pono MC, Concert

Last I sold

I got a beautiful custom tenor from Brad Donaldson, and an aNueNue AMM3 in the same week. My UAS is cured for now.
    "So many ukes, so little money..."

Kanile'a KSR-T premium koa tenor
    KoAloha KTM-00 tenor
    Rebel Double Cheese spruce/mahogany tenor, my BFF.
    Pono ATC-PC acacia cutaway tenor
    Kala KA-ASFM-T-C flame maple tenor
    Pono MT-SP tenor
    Cocobolo concert #467
    Pono ASD acacia soprano deluxe
    Pono MGS mango soprano

I received a Gold Tone banjolele deluxe and a Ohana CK-390 for my birthday. Both very nice, especially the banjolele. I have been wanting to try a Gold Tone Resouke. Thats probably my next acquisition.

Had my eye on a luna tenor deer vista. The I was at the local music store and the owner talked me into playing with a nice electric bass. ~Going with the bass when the money starts flowing again.

Latest: Kala Tri Tip Tenor with EQ
    Next: Probably another Cordoba. All my Cordobas are under $100 and sound excellent, so I'd probably drop $500 max on the best cordoba tenor I can find and never buy another uke.

Thread Information