What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I am waiting on three, lol..

First will be a Pohaku Concert 10 (his size between concert and soprano), Bearclaw Spruce top with curly maple back and sides. Gotoh UPT. Ebony fretboard with dog bone fret markers (I dig dogs). About two week out from receiving that.

Brad Donaldon Longneck soprano, Honduran Hog, Peghead tuners. Due before the first of the year.

Dave Hanson, teardrop longneck soprano, all maple top, back and sides. Due sometime after the first of the year.

It is going to be happy Chanukah for me.

Well, I moved up slightly from plywood to a solid top. Just in is a Flight Antonia T with low G (all Worth Browns) from Mim. Great improvement over the other two. Will switch one of those back to high G (just can't bring myself to call it re-entrant). Next-well hmm that's a ways off maybe a Pono or Opio.......

Last (about a year ago): HanoHano long neck soprano. Next: no plans at all as I already have more ukes than I ever wanted, but if a nice taropatch catches my eye I might cave in, or maybe a Kanile'a tenor...

Last one I bought was a beautiful Martin Tenor
which I used for recording all the CD tracks that came along with my books
at www.pekelosbooks.com !

I really really thought my UAS had passed. And then I fell for, and bought, a Shabby Chic solid body electric from Fanner Ukuleles. Supposed to arrive Friday.

My Pokhaku, Concert 10, in progress. Bearclaw spruce top, curly maple sides and back, and yes, dog bone fretmarkers on an ebony fingerboard. Maple neck

Attachments

• Dogbones 02.jpg
    Dogbones 02.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Dogbones 01.jpg
    Dogbones 01.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
My Pokhaku, Concert 10, in progress. Bearclaw spruce top, curly maple sides and back, and yes, dog bone fretmarkers on an ebony fingerboard. Maple neck

Haha, I did not check the pictures right away and was already wondering where Peter got the actual dog bone from. (And why he wouldn't use if for nut and saddle as well. :D )

Looking gorgeous for sure!

Bought a Ken Timms here on the Marketplace. I have no other purchases in mind :D

And here is the soundboard for my in-progress all solid maple teardrop, concert neck soprano from David Hanson.

Attachments

• DSCF0201.jpg
    DSCF0201.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 11
Just bought a Martin Baritone off reverb. No more predictions on what‘s gonna be next. :rolleyes:

My latest was a Kala Elite 1MHG-T doghair mahogany tenor, which I really like. It is the best tenor I've owned after a few other mid-range Ohanas, Mainland and Ponos.

Kala spruce top thin line travel tenor with b-band. Bought as a gift for a friend. We’ll see how it works out. I figure I will need to do some set up when it shows up.

I purchased a c. 1920 Weymann No. 20 soprano as my “2020 Uke” - now just waiting on Santa to deliver!! Very interested in those concert Moonbirds or a Kamaka Pineapple or another American luthier build. Who knows? At least 2020 was a good year for Ukes if nothing else ;)

I just got a 25th anniversary KoAloha tenor.
Without a doubt, one of the best I have ever played.
I have several good Ukes, but this one is superb.

Recently bought a Kanile'a KSR Tenor, and I've been waiting since July, 2020, for a UT2 Koa model from the folks at Collings. After that, no more!

Top Bottom