What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

My latest was an outdoor bottle Brown tenor. That puts me at 4. I'd better stop there for now. If I buy any more, I'm gonna have to sell some other instruments or my wife may kill me.

Just bought an Ohana solid Cedar top with willow back and sides. Really love the different sound. It is bell like with the willow making it a liitle different than most cedars.

Imua soprano was my last. A result of browsing on Reverb. I was half-heartedly searching for a nice soprano, and had my parameters in mind when I stumbled i upon this beautiful little Imua. I'm very happy with my current ukulele family and have no plans to buy any more.

Latest: Mainland classic red cedar/rosewood tenor.

Next: Melbert six-string lap steel; sell concert and baritone ukes.

Just bought an Ohana solid Cedar top with willow back and sides. Really love the different sound. It is bell like with the willow making it a liitle different than most cedars.

Kept looking at the soprano version of that. Really liked the sound but didn't pull the trigger.

Still a fairly new player. Bought a beautiful Kala solid cedar top and then found it too big for my hands. Got a Mainland concert and I'm playing it more and finding my hands "growing into" playing that tenor. I just put out the money for a Duke 10 because I love the banjo sound and the weight. I've tried a few other banjo ukes, and they just seem to weigh a ton. This one's like 2 pounds. Looks like Duke's for sale now. Glad I got one of it's last ones. I love the look and feel. for me if it was a concert it would be perfect. I may pick up one of the new Gold tone concert Little Gems. Yeah it's plastic, but it actually has a nice sound from the clip, is concert size, and it's Blue! I usually only like woods, but this weird one kind of calls to me.

I'm still UAS free since my last uke purchase, a pre-used Clearwater steel string electric, but my last uke prior was my best, KoAloha Opio long neck concert acacia, & I don't think I'll be needing any more. :)

UAS free for 6 months. :D:music:

My latest is a Kala solid mahogany baritone, my first bari. It's keeping UAS at bay for the time being.

My last impulse buy was a KoAloha Mango Concert a month ago. My original PLAN was a custom made Jupiter Tenor coming in 2 months. But another impulse buy just happened last night...Kinnard Tenor...will be arriving next week...

Last uke was an OS28T. Next uke hard to say. I am sure that if I wait long enough NUD will hit me.81ugfYkc6hL._SY879_.jpg

Last edited:
I got my first Uke from Mim that's a left handed custom! It's a Kala Soprano and should be arriving in the next day or two!
My next one: I'm a fairly new player, so I don't think UAS has kicked in! Though I said that about Fountain Pens and I have 8... :D

Firefly - arriving today. (Bruko and Pono last week) I think this will be my last one - seriously! I have thirty-eight, and I want to reduce that total.

I have a KoAloha Concert coming in today and it's my first solid Koa instrument! I'm somehow already eyeing a Soprano from KoAloha as well. I think UAS is setting in real hard.

I got my first Uke from Mim that's a left handed custom! It's a Kala Soprano and should be arriving in the next day or two!
My next one: I'm a fairly new player, so I don't think UAS has kicked in! Though I said that about Fountain Pens and I have 8... :D

Just got a Duke 10, but yeah, don't get me going on fountain pens. Have a bunch of them. Love writing with them.
May also get a Little Gem when they're out. The tenor sized Duke may be a little big for me, but love the sound.

I just bought back the Pono RBSH(S) Pro Classic baritone that I had sold two years ago (to get the funds for a Kanile'a GL6 that I didn't click with, even though it was a beautiful instrument). I had tried to buy it back before, but the buyer had been so happy with it that he didn't want to sell. Now he switched his focus to tenors and I was able to get this baritone uke back. Of all the ukes I sold, this was the one I regretted letting go. I'm happy it's back, especially since they no longer make the rosewood model.

I just bought back the Pono RBSH(S) Pro Classic baritone that I had sold two years ago (to get the funds for a Kanile'a GL6 that I didn't click with, even though it was a beautiful instrument). I had tried to buy it back before, but the buyer had been so happy with it that he didn't want to sell. Now he switched his focus to tenors and I was able to get this baritone uke back. Of all the ukes I sold, this was the one I regretted letting go. I'm happy it's back, especially since they no longer make the rosewood model.

Welcome back to the forum, Mivo. Glad to hear that you got this wonderful baritone back!

I got a Grateful Dead Alvarez Tatoo concert Uke. I already knew Ripple so now working on Casey Jones. That riff is easy on my regular Uke but a bit more challenging on the new one. Not bad for the price. Picks well and plays ok in 1st and 2nd positions. Forget anything higher up the neck. Fun to play

Welcome back to the forum, Mivo. Glad to hear that you got this wonderful baritone back!

Thanks, Rainer, good to hear from you. :) Yep, that baritone was an instrument I should never have sold. I was thrilled when Lars offered it to me after he had declined my attempts several times before. It also came back in pristine condition just like I had sold it. I didn't regret selling any of the others, but that Pono baritone I couldn't get over.

Top Bottom