What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I bought a Baton Rouge long neck soprano a couple of weeks ago which seems to have more space for my achey left hand even though it is no wider. I think it is great sounding uke fo the money.In the future I may try a baritone to keep in touch with my old guitar stuff as it is hard to hold my 6 string instruments

I bought a Baton Rouge long neck soprano a couple of weeks ago which seems to have more space for my achey left hand even though it is no wider. I think it is great sounding uke fo the money.In the future I may try a baritone to keep in touch with my old guitar stuff as it is hard to hold my 6 string instruments

Baton Rouge seems to make good ukes. I bought their 8-string tenor. Shipped from Thomann (Thomas Mann) in Germany, it cost me about $130.

I bought an Aiersi pineapple soprano recently, model SU-021P. It was very inexpensive and is a delightful instrument. As a result of that, I looked at the Koa Pili Koko ukes, also from Aiersi. Solid acacia, very reasonably priced. I have just ordered a standard shape soprano, model no. AU-21S direct from Aiersi in China. They were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Shipping times are longer than usual because of the Covid19 situation. The long wait has begun..............

John Colter

I bought a Kanile'a concert from SUS and I'm quite attached to it. Loving the subtle and bell like sound.

Next? Either a Kamaka or aNueNue, but also I have an amazing opportunity to have a custom ukulele build for me. And I know surely it would be something very special, so I think I'll go that way.

A few years ago, I made the decision to move to custom ukuleles (for reasons which are not germane to this thread). I have all my bases covered except for my baritone ukulele. I have been playing around with the ukulele customizing interface of several luthiers and it seems that what I envision will be $2500-$4000. So let's just say that my next ukulele will be a Jay Lichty baritone...but that is in the future; I haven't even started saving up for it yet.

The last uke I bought was a Lava electric. I returned because it would not turn on.

The last one I kept was an Enya Nova U electric. I have a uke on order, but it will be months before it arrives, so we'll all have to wait to see it.

The last one I bought was a Slimline KoAloha (without a pickup). I should have bought one years ago - it is magical.

Next is either a Baritone or a Mango KoAloha Tenor if the right one comes along.

I bought a Kanile'a concert from SUS and I'm quite attached to it. Loving the subtle and bell like sound.

Next? Either a Kamaka or aNueNue, but also I have an amazing opportunity to have a custom ukulele build for me. And I know surely it would be something very special, so I think I'll go that way.

Why not all of these? :D That's what I did. I have a custom uke ordered and I'm (desperately) hunting for a Kamaka. After that I'm thinking my collection would be complete but you never know...

I just bought an Islander AT-4, so I can have both a high and low G. So now I have two all laminate ukes. So, provided I stick with it this time, my next will be an all solid Pono or Opio........stay tuned.

I bought a vintage Vita soprano made by Pete Howlett and actually, if UAS doesn't strike again earlier, another one of these, newly made at the end of the year, might be my next purchase.

Well, now that I think about it. Does wood count? :D

I recently bought this set of koa. No idea yet who's gonna make me a soprano out of it. Any suggestions? :D

Koa-SP-UK-0074-Top-Back-Side.jpg

I just bought a koolau t100 before that i bought a kanilea k1, both are great ukes

Just ordered a Kamaka HF-1. Once it and my custom uke that I commissioned earlier arrives, I genuinely don't know what I'd even want to get next. I'm sure something will tickle my fancy at some point but hopefully not very soon.

Sold the Eastman EU3C, a Martin S1 and T1K to pay for a used Ko'olau C1. Still haven't found the spruce top I started looking for years ago.

Almost forgot that a TUS-35 showed up in March, thanks Ed!

Last edited:
It looks like I'll be buying a Roy Smeck Vita Uke from a member here. I have the Ohana version, so it will be nice to have an original.

My last purchase was a Romero Creations Mahogany Tiny Tenor, bought from a UU member. My next purchase is a custom concert (POC top, Myrtle back and sides) currently in final finishing stages. After that, I need to think about moving something out before I add anything.

Last ukulele I purchased was a Mahogany Tenor Collings UT-2.

Going to be a while before I buy my next uke. (But that's what I said before this one became available.)

Top Bottom