What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

David Hanson solid maple teardrop--ready for fretwork.

Attachments

• DSCF0204.jpg
    DSCF0204.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 34
Hadn't planned to buy another instrument just yet, but Jimmy Egypt had a soprano Firefly banjolele at a good discount and I've had one of those on my list for a while. Since I had a spare set of Neck Illusions stickers for a Flea I decided to apply those, although they're a couple of frets short. Still looks good and makes the frets far easier to see.

PXL_20201205_120504156.jpg PXL_20201205_145944715.jpg

Next? No plans. Several I'd like, none I need.

Last edited:
Pictures of my new Pohaku Concert 10, set to arrive Thursday. If it sounds half as good as it looks, I am thrilled.

Attachments

• Crossed Dogbones Revised Outline Web 01.jpg
    Crossed Dogbones Revised Outline Web 01.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Crossed Dogbones Revised Web 02.jpg
    Crossed Dogbones Revised Web 02.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Crossed Dogbones Revised Web 03.jpg
    Crossed Dogbones Revised Web 03.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 31
  • Crossed Dogbones Revised Web 04.jpg
    Crossed Dogbones Revised Web 04.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 28
I was going to wait a while before I replaced the Harmony Baritone I recently sold, but then I found an excellent deal on this Ohana BK-70M Baritone. (Solid Spruce Top, Lam. Mahogany Back & Sides) I'm pretty happy with it...swapped out the Aquilas for a set of Martin Fluorocarbons and it sounds great.

(Dealer's Photo)
kijmuj5skfdlm3gsgthk.jpg

Maybe a dirt cheap tenor. I've been playing concert because it fits much better, but now that I've been playing awhile I want to see if I can reach some on a tenor. I loved the Duke10 I got when I just started, but got rid of it when it just felt too big. I want to see if my reach is better and I can hunt for one again.

If I get the cheap tenor I won't care if I have to just toss it if I can't play it. I really want to find a really nice banjo uke and some of the other I tried I didn't like as much. That Duke only comes in tenor size (yes, I know they're not selling new right now).

I'm guessing it probably won't work (I have a problem with the bigger sizes) but why not?

Happy holidays everyone!

I was looking on ebay and saw a flat maple Bruko for $40. Sadly I lowballed the auction and lost. Then I found the same uke on Gumtree for $90, and the person was visiting my Melbourne that weekend. So when the universe speaks… and now I'm wondering what strings will suit it best.
I was also trying for a one in, one out approach to the herd, but my girlfriend likes the Kala I was going to move on, so now it's plus one.
No more planned. No, really. None. Unless I bump into a walnut bruko or a wildy mispriced kiwaya.

Pondering trying a baritone. Maybe a Cordoba 20BM

I got a beautiful custom tenor from Brad Donaldson, and an aNueNue AMM3 in the same week. My UAS is cured for now.

I received a Gold Tone banjolele deluxe and a Ohana CK-390 for my birthday. Both very nice, especially the banjolele. I have been wanting to try a Gold Tone Resouke. Thats probably my next acquisition.

Had my eye on a luna tenor deer vista. The I was at the local music store and the owner talked me into playing with a nice electric bass. ~Going with the bass when the money starts flowing again.

Latest: Kala Tri Tip Tenor with EQ
Next: Probably another Cordoba. All my Cordobas are under $100 and sound excellent, so I'd probably drop $500 max on the best cordoba tenor I can find and never buy another uke.

Top Bottom