What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I got a Grateful Dead Alvarez Tatoo concert Uke. I already knew Ripple so now working on Casey Jones. That riff is easy on my regular Uke but a bit more challenging on the new one. Not bad for the price. Picks well and plays ok in 1st and 2nd positions. Forget anything higher up the neck. Fun to play

A friend and I each got the Roses version. As you said, "not bad for the price."

My most recent is a Mainland mahogany soprano which I am really fond of. My next will be a custom built soprano. I am looking to co-create something specific to my style of playing and with very specific woods. I have not identified a builder yet, but I am sure everything will unfold in due time. :)

My most recent is a Mainland mahogany soprano which I am really fond of. My next will be a custom built soprano. I am looking to co-create something specific to my style of playing and with very specific woods. I have not identified a builder yet, but I am sure everything will unfold in due time. :)

Have you had a listen/look at the Sopranos of John Kinnard?

i am uke beginner,and just this month i bought 6 ukulele already,,and the last one i just received yesterday was kanilea k1c

I found the next uke that will have to join my family yesterday at the Utah Ukulele Festival......banjolele. I got to play a Gold Tone for a few minutes and it was love at first strum.

I found the next uke that will have to join my family yesterday at the Utah Ukulele Festival......banjolele. I got to play a Gold Tone for a few minutes and it was love at first strum.

Is it the Deluxe, with the resonator? That's the one I have. I figured if I was getting a banjolele, I was going all the way. It's heavy, but with a strap, it doesn't matter. Great sound.

Just bought a green tenor Outdoor Ukulele a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it! I'd done my homework and was concerned about a muted sound, but just led a big youth campfire last Saturday and found it can be played loudly with just a little effort. I forced myself to leave the high G in place, just to have a uke with high G, and I've gotten used to it. The higher tenor sounds flow nicely out of this ukulele, both bright and balanced, and despite what others have said the sound quality of mine is comparable enough to my solid wood ukes that it's become the first one I reach for. I know, I should probably diss the sound quality so that I look more discerning and knowledgeable, but it really is surprisingly good. In addition to very nice sound quality, I absolutely love how it illuminates whenever the light catches it (even indoors). I'd intended to leave this one at my office, but find myself taking it home with me every night just so I can play with it. Worry-free travel, attractive looks, and nice sound...Highly recommend!

My last one was an older Famous FS-5, in laminate koa. Compared to my Kiwaya lam mahogany KS-1, it seems fuller/woodier. The KS-1 seems punchier/brighter, more like a good mahogany soprano. Both are loud, with the construction/action that Kiwaya is known for. Both play easier than my vintage Martin sop, but the Martin still has a slight edge in classic vintage sop tone.

I just bought a Deering Goodtime banjolele yesterday. I LOVE it! Being a woman I’ve always found hanging onto a Uke tedious. If I press in with my strumming arm my chest pushes the neck out too far. With the Deering I can actually stabilize it with my forearm while leaving my hands free. It’s the most comfortable Uke I’ve ever played.

Last bought (then sold) was an Imua soprano. Awesome sounding ukulele, but it convinced me that I'm not a soprano person.

Just bought over the weekend & should be headed my way soon..........aNueNue Moon Bird concert.

Koa Pili Koko Concert

Next - Hopefully there won't be a next, but if I was going to save up and get something, it would be either a Kanilea or a Kamaka Tenor.

I posted this 5 years ago... Today I finally bought a Kanile'a Tenor! About damn time, I'd say.

I posted this 5 years ago... Today I finally bought a Kanile'a Tenor! About damn time, I'd say.

I admire your restraint over the last 5 years.
Congratulations on the new Kanile'a! They make such beautiful ukuleles.

I admire your restraint over the last 5 years.
Congratulations on the new Kanile'a! They make such beautiful ukuleles.

The only restraint was the lack of money haha. I would have got one 5 years ago if I could have!

I am becoming right envious of you! Let us know how much you love that Moon Bird. It's one uke I'd consider cracking the 1K barrier for.

Last bought (then sold) was an Imua soprano. Awesome sounding ukulele, but it convinced me that I'm not a soprano person.

Just bought over the weekend & should be headed my way soon..........aNueNue Moon Bird concert.

Top Bottom