What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I am becoming right envious of you! Let us know how much you love that Moon Bird. It's one uke I'd consider cracking the 1K barrier for.

There are probably several of us waiting to hear what RG thinks about the concert Moon Bird.
Keep us posted!

I just bought a Kala Padauk Soprano through eBay, still waiting for its arrival.
I got it because I have been wanting a Padauk uke for a long time and I do
play Sopranos mostly :)

My previous purchase (last month) was a low-g Concert made by Kerry Bannister, local
luthier, Lynnwood, WA, made out of 1880s mahogany from a piece of furniture. Kerry
is always on the lookout for such items and even made a uke from a leaf-shaped
bowl/tray :)

prior to that, and I'll stop with this, I ordered 3 Andoer Concert, plastic-back, electric/
acoustic ukes for family and to share with my ukulele class members if they want to
try a concert-size uke :)

Keep uke'in', everyone!

OOPs, forgot to answer the 2nd question:

Currently, esp after the Soprano Padauk purchase, not really looking
for another uke :) [ at this time]

:)

Last uke I bought was a Kamaka Baritone.

Next uke I'm buying is a Blackbird Farallon Tenor.

After that, no more! :)

I am becoming right envious of you! Let us know how much you love that Moon Bird. It's one uke I'd consider cracking the 1K barrier for.

There are probably several of us waiting to hear what RG thinks about the concert Moon Bird.
Keep us posted!

I'll definitely keep you all posted. It was a big plunge on the price, but every review I've read & sound sample I've heard have been outstanding. Kalei Gameo seems to like the Moon Bird and that's a pretty high recommendation. Now, if I can just learn to play at a tenth of his level :bowdown:

I bought a Rolando banjo uke today, and I will be buying a DJ Morgan mini pineapple in May. Between now and then, who knows.

Last uke I bought was a Fred Shields all mahogany concert Backpacker. Next, I'm thinking it will be a mango or koa tenor.

I bought a basically new Kanile'a K-3 Tenor off of Reverb at a great price about a month ago. I know I don't need another uke but I'm looking at the moon bird next...

The last ukulele I purchased is a preowned Martin T1K. Trying out a set of Worth Brown re entrant strings.

The last uke I purchased is actually a bass uke from Aquila, the ShortBassOne-60 that came with Thunder Red strings, which I are find are too sticky, so I changed them to La Bella/Gold Tone flatwound steel, chrome tuners and added a tailpiece to accommodate the extra length and higher tension. My next is an Aiersi bass uke that I'm going to have modified to look like a Music Man Bongo Bass.

Aquila before after 900.jpg

Aiersi & Orange Bongo Bass.jpg

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Flea Koa Soprano.

No plans yet. Apart from the custom uke I ordered from a luthier here in Germany. Will some time, though, the waiting list is long.

Just received my aNueNue Moon Bird concert a few days ago. It's incredible. I think I'll do a NUD soon.

No plans for now, just enjoying the ukes I have.

Last edited:
Waiting for my Loprinzi custom concert to be finished any day now.
Next, I plan on getting a Loprinzi custom soprano, or a Kiwaya KTS-4, or a Ken Timms soprano.
Also been thinking about a KTC-1.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a nice Southern Cross banjo uke to arrive, and I hope that's my last purchase for a long time. I want to sell a dozen or so.

Just bought a mainland cedar tenor. I want to get a baritone next, but that won't happen for a few months at least.

Just received my aNueNue Moon Bird concert a few days ago. It's incredible. I think I'll do a NUD soon.

No plans for now, just enjoying the ukes I have.

My last uke was also an aNueNue Moon Bird concert. Yep....Incredible.
Pretty happy with my herd at the moment .......but you know......Santa will probably give me a little $$$. Hmmmmm. What do I need? Whatcha gonna sell Jerry????

I just got both a Magic Fluke Timber Bass, in oak, and an Ohana CK-450QEL Quilted Eucalyptus Concert sized uke.

Neither was planned, until I decided to get them, and then I just called Mim.

If PayPal (or credit cards) didn't exist, I'd have a lot fewer ukuleles.

-Kurt​

The last uke was an incredible Mya-Moe Port Orford cedar/black-and-white ebony soprano; I had the pleasure of picking it up in person from Cary Kelly in his Glenview shop last week.

Next? Nothing on the radar, although I keep obsessively checking the HMS website.

Top Bottom