What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

Last: Hibiscus soundhole Fluke from a fellow UU'er, with upgrades I wouldn't have chosen but I look forward to getting!

Next: Uh, hopefully this is my only... :eek: Really?

Blue Star Konablaster solid body steel string electric baritone uke
next one im getting friday just a cheap rogue acoustic baritone uke just to practice on and travel with. I will be saving for a vorson solid body steel string tenor uke in the coming months too.

most recent: Martin 1T IZ, should arrive this week
next: One of the new eKoa Blackbird Clara Concerts

Koa Pili Koko Concert

Next - Hopefully there won't be a next, but if I was going to save up and get something, it would be either a Kanilea or a Kamaka Tenor.

Last one was a UKU Hanknn 2 hole acacia koa tenor direct from China, I put in the electronics. The next one, East-Start arch-top electric, is on it's way, also direct from China through the group buy I listed on UU for the last week or so.

Uku uke 2 sideways.jpg

archtop style.jpg

Last edited:
Most recent: Compass Rose mini-jumbo mahogany tenor from The Blue Guitar
Next: My Mya-Moe mahogany six-string baritone will be finished on Wednesday April 3.

I got my Mya Moe six-string baritone (#1013) and, just today, a Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor from HMS. (I also got some Makala sharks and dolphins that I'll be donating to one of those organization that collects holiday toys for poor children.) Next up is baritone steel string Compass Rose, which is, I believe, now being finished. I'm working on getting another custom baritone and I'm in the process of arranging for a custom tenor guitar.

It would be fun to see updates from other people who've already posted in this thread. I mean, how often to we get to quote outselves? :)

Nothing on the table since my Ohana SK-22z, Pajaro. I am deeply enamoured with that uke.

I bought a cigar box ukulele (soprano scale) from Joe McCormack of ALNA Cigar Box Guitars. Next, I think I would like an outdoor ukulele so I can throw it in the van whenever I'm playing taxi driver to my kids. I get great practice in while waiting in the car line.

Koa Pili Koko Concert

Next - Hopefully there won't be a next, but if I was going to save up and get something, it would be either a Kanilea or a Kamaka Tenor.

It's the saving up I cannot abide. I know it's not just me, but I actually can't do it. So if I did get another after my fluke arrives, I think it would have to be an Outdoor Ukulele. I'm not a figure-8 fan, but those things are just cool. And so's the price. :)

Moore Bettah tenor with Bearclaw spruce top and Milo sides and back. Next will be an East-Start Semi hollow steel string electric. Looks like my 64 Gibson ES-330.

Just arrived today - crazy fun and wild tones
thepeach-1.jpg

Technically, I'm not buying this one, but Santa let slip that it's going to be under the tree. I get so much pleasure from reading Ken's posts, I can't wait to have one of his ukes.
PICT0042_zps226cacd3.jpg

Attachments

• thepeach-1.jpg
    thepeach-1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
  • PICT0042_zps226cacd3.jpg
    PICT0042_zps226cacd3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Next Uke

So, Michael Zuch is making a tenor uke for me. We talked; I wanted a slot-headstock, and low-G. But past that? Luthier's choice.

Here's what we came up with:

Back & Sides: Tulip Magnolia
Top: Adirondack spruce
Bracing: Sitka spruce
Neck: Spanish cedar with carbon fiber reinforcement
Neck joint: Mortise and tenon with bolt
Upper bout sound port
Rosette, headstock overlay, end graft and heel cap: Brazilian rosewood
Fretboard and bridge: East Indian rosewood
Bindings: Faux tortoise shell with Bloodwood purfling
Inlays on headstock and fretboard: Mother of pearl
Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer (over epoxy sealer and pore filler where needed)
Tuners: Grover Sta-Tite for slotted headstock with replacement buttons
Strings: Worth BT-LG Fluorocarbon.

So far, I think it looks terrific, and I expect it to sound terrific, too.

Once I get the Zukulele, I'll do a review and sound sample.

Stay tuned ...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Since august I have purchased:
Fender NoHea Tenor
Kamaka White Label Soprano
Kala Cedar Acacia Tenor

And coming by post on monday, a Kala KA-6 6 string from a fellow UU'r!

My wife is nodding her head in a no-shameful way... :( no more for me for a while!

Top Bottom