What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

I think the last uke I got was a Harmony baritone, over a year ago. Wanted to reward myself for finishing nursing school by ordering a custom that would be done by the time I graduate in August, but I'm going to owe more money than I hope to make in a whole year after this. And the wait lists keep getting longer and the prices keep getting higher, so I'm probably better off sticking with what I have. If I end up with some pocket money in the near future, maybe a Firefly.

last one: ukelyptus concert Flea w/ pickup (replacing a natural Flea which kept buzzing for some strange reason)

next one: nothing planned, maybe a green Dolphin as giveaway or an Outdoor Ukulele (see this thread) out of pure curiosity....

Last: Makala dolphin
Next: If they turn out to have a decent sound, probably an Outdoor Ukulele. Otherwise, saving my pennies for a Mainland soprano (probably red cedar).

Last: Bruko spruce/walnut soprano.

Next: Nothing planned, but I do covet a Covered Bridge redwood/myrtle.

Dolphin...for one of my best friends...before that one...Dolphin, for my bestie...

why do I have UAS for my friends but not for me????

Oh, yeah, then there's my new U-Bass from Kala, which was a nice gift from them.

Want to buy (or steal, ha ha) two inexpensive ukes for two friends who are cash challenged...they don't want me to buy them, anyone got a uke they'd donate? LOL

Latest: KPK Deluxe Pineapple Soprano solid acacia

Next: Keeping an eye out for a solid wood Concert Pineapple.

Last...Pono MBD baritone.

Next planned...probably a high end tenor. After shunning tenors for a few years and coming within a gnat's chin whisker of selling both of mine I discovered that I do kind of like tenor...go figure. :)

Next actual...anything that catches my eye when I happen to have a little money in my pocket.

John

Last uke: Pepe Romero Koa tenor
Next uke: JC Clark Pheasant wood 6-string

Not sure if there will ever be a "last" ukulele...but my most recent purchase in february was a Kamaka 6string Lilu'u tenor ..white label..circa 1970. Found it at a pawn shop in Maui....well worn but sounds great..

Next one?....this was my last....until the next one...
Terry

Last: 60's Martin 14-fret tenor
Next: Kamaka HF-2L?

Most recent: Maestro Mango Concert
Next on my wish list: Mainland Concert (Cedar or Mango?)

Well,
About 6 weeks ago I posted that I was getting ready to turn over my current crop of ukes to my daughter and the grand-kids so I asked for suggestions about an upgrade from my current Lanikai concert and Chocolate Dolphin. Given the caveat that I live east of Denver, CO.
It's dry here. I humidify but my hygrometer regularly pegs out on the dry side at 16% outside and it's not unusual from the weather reports to see single digit humidity throughout the year. It's all my humidifier can do to keep my "music room" at much above 30% unless it's actually raining or snowing out there. During the winter, I vent the clothes dryer inside the house for warmth and humidity.
"Country Mouse" a contributor here, kindly suggested looking at a Fuke as being mostly bullet proof though I'd been leaning toward a Mainland of some kind; slot head and no rope appeals to me.
Anyway, a Natural Fluke with rosewood fretboard came up on ebay so I went that way.
I'm very happy with it. My 1st concern is it's odd shape, although it is comfortable to play even when standing ( I can walk around the house, playing with not much effort), it holds like an axe; just strange in the hands, like an electric, or something.
My main criticism of it is that I don't care for the tone of my Dolphin so much anymore: Too "plinky=annoying".
My other half heartily agrees and listens to my clumsy practice without compliant where before, she would get up from the TV in the other room to close the "music room" door when I played that Dolphin.
Next buy? I don't know. Carbon fiber if I knew what they sounded like and liked the product?

Last bought - Kamoa E3-P
I really dig it. It was a birthday gift and I must say it provides great bang for the buck.

Next - I'm a little strapped for cash right now. I'd love to be able to grab a Kamaka or a Boat Paddle uke. Those are a bit unrealistic due to financial constraints at the moment. Realistically, I'll probably snag a plastic Islander or Flamingo off of ebay. For some reason I've become very fascinated with those lately.

Top Bottom