FS: Maui Music concert (Pre-fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
FS: Maui Music concert (Pre-fire) SOLD

SOLD: Maui Music concert. It's a dream. No scratches, no dings, no strum marks, no issues. Really a sweet playing instrument. Hard to believe, but it is MINT (excellent) condition. Looks like it is just out of Peter Lieberman’s shop.

When I bought it was stated as built in 1997, but based on the serial number, SN:8-12388, I believe it is the 123 piece, built in August 1988. If you can shed any light on this, please let me know. It is a pre-fire instrument. Interestingly, it also has a radiused fretboard. The few Maui Music ukes from that time period that I have seen have flat fretboards.

Here’s the features:
• Koa body, with nice figure on top and back
• Mahogany neck,
• Koa bridge
• bone nut and saddle
• original friction tuners
• rosewood radiused fretboard
• paua top markers at 5, 7, 10
white side markers at 5, 7, 10
• 12-frets to the body, 16 total
• 15-Inch concert scale

It is incredibly light weight. It’s LOUD, really LOUD. Puts many of my tenors to shame. It has a bright ukulele sound. But it also has depth of tone too. Listen to a sample with Nyltech strings

https://www.box.com/s/l450paoojxym8kuqrnwl

I’m selling it because I just prefer playing my other ukes, and this uke is also a little bright for me. So, time to send this to someone else.

These older Maui Music instruments don’t come up too often, and one in this Mint condition almost never. This comes with a chipboard case (probably original to when it was purchased).

SOLD.

Pics:
many more in my album: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1765

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice Maui Music..sound good too..good luck on the sale

This uke is an exquisite example of elegant, Hawaiian-made simplicity! The koa is radiant, and I like the swoopy headstock.

Let's see how long this lasts. My guess is that it'll be gone by the end of the day.

Never played a bad Maui Music. And while Peter has made fancier ukes than this one, the plain ones sound every bit as good as the fancy ones.

Aloha Doc_J,
I have 3 pre-fire Maui Music ukes, tenor, concert, and soprano. Love them all.
Good luck on your sale. The new owner will surely love it....................Bo...............

Thanks everyone. The uke is now sold.

It's off to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom