Good News!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey everyone :D

I am sure that my absence has been noted and that some of you are aware that I have not been well. I have been having bouts of dizziness which have resulted in my falling and collapsing. Along side that I have been having problems with my vision, ongoing nausea and headaches. I recently had an MRI scan and yesterday got some results.

It seems that I have some damage to the medulla area of my brain which helps to control balance and is responsible for all of my symptoms. The good news is that I should, with some exercises and physiotherapy be able to make a full recovery. The brain should be able to be retrained to not react the way it is and we're hopeful that I should be able to get back to where I was.

The other good news is that I was able to play my Ukulele for about five minutes on Sunday which is great :D I plan to get back to it shortly and start doing the DU2 videos and such.

Thank you all for all your support, good wishes, get well cards and everything you've all done for me since I disappeared in January. I really do appreciate it.

Joey

Good to hear from you again! I hope the therapy goes well!

Now get back to strumming. :music:

Good to see ya J Bug. Thoughts are with you. Hope you continue to feel better. Take care.

Read your blog yesterday(?). So glad to hear things are looking up. We need those Daily Ukulele videos.

Super news Joey. Glad to hear thing are moving in the right direction.

Wonderful to hear you got some uke playing in, that's always good therapy for what ails ya. I'm sure your ukes are getting lonely!

Great, glad to have you back, get well soon.

Great news, Joey! And great to see you in the forums again! Doctors can do amazing things these days retraining brains. (Hey, I was able to retrain mine to play an ukulele, so .....) I hope your therapy goes well and that you're back to your old self in no time.

Good to hear. Best wishes.

Welcome back, best wishes for continued recovery.

nice to see you back..glad to see you will be back to 100%

you to Sailing..my Vento ready soon..

This brings a smile to my face!

That's great news! Thanks for the update, and welcome back! We've all missed you!

Brilliant news! Here's to a speedy and complete recovery... raises a glass of Tawny Port ;)

Aloha Joey,
That is great news girl...keep getting better and many wishes for a speedy recovery...Happy strummings...Glad you can play again

Welcome back!!

That's awesome news Joey! Glad to hear that.

Glad to hear from you! Take care of yourself and I am keeping you in my prayers.

Top Bottom