Please don't post pictures of your stitches...

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know its part of the woodworking culture but please don't post images of your cut and stitched fingers on the forum. We were flagged by google last month for an image posted in the Luthiers Lounge and now our adsense has been disabled again. We're hoping that we can be reinstated but if not, that one pic will have totally destroyed the income source we use to fund the operations of the entire UU forum.

So please no more pics of stitched fingers.

Thank you.

Unbelievable... I don't like seeing this stuff anyway but don't understand how it has jeopardized adsense?

It was flagged for gore / violence which is against their terms of service for their display network.

Mmmmmm... Glad I missed that post.

What is involved in being reinstated?

I already filed the appeal, now its just hoping that Google understands and lets us back in.

Wow. I can't believe that.

How do we get away with showing pics of ukes that were sat upon???

How do we get away with showing pics of ukes that were sat upon???

You're making light of an honest and serious appeal from one of the founders, asking to not jeapordize their source of income for this site?

Really?!

I already filed the appeal, now its just hoping that Google understands and lets us back in.

Images of what can happen when working wood, especially with power tools, are actually good things, because it can remind others to take precautions. What can we do to help? Google needs to change their attitude here. I generally don't support companies that are unreasonable and if I have to avoid Google, I will, but I will let them know first.

Google needs to change their attitude here. I generally don't support companies that are unreasonable and if I have to avoid Google, I will, but I will let them know first.

You can't avoid Google. They're in your cookies. They're in your mouse. They'll soon be in your glasses. And, they're in your dreams.

Brooo-hooo-haha!

freddy-krueger.jpg

Ryan,
so sorry for your troubles and I sure hope google comes to their senses. Mighty touchy those google folks and they are makin a big deal about nothin, imo. So sorry.

Strange. I have to go on many medical websites for my career--no log-ins, not a restricted site--and they have some pretty freaky scary photos. Nightmare inducing stuff.

Let us know if we can help, Rayan.

Funny that some stitches makes Google go all weak in the knees, but I can go to Google images right now and download hardcore p*** and much, much worse with just a few key strokes without any problem whatsoever.
Strange days indeed.

Funny that some stitches makes Google go all weak in the knees, but I can go to Google images right now and download hardcore p*** and much, much worse with just a few key strokes without any problem whatsoever.
Strange days indeed.

There is a. Difference between what you can "find" on Google's search engine and what is in the Terms of Service for participating in Google's Adsense advertising product. When you agree to host ads, there are limits on the content that is on the pages on which the ads are displayed.

There is a. Difference between what you can "find" on Google's search engine and what is in the Terms of Service for participating in Google's Adsense advertising product. When you agree to host ads, there are limits on the content that is on the pages on which the ads are displayed.

You're right. I agree with you now that I think about it.

I have not see ads in a long time.... Oh wait... I am a UUVIP!!
that does suck Ryan, hope it gets resolved

You are absolutely correct.

However, there's a big difference in wanting to put Adsense on a "gore" site and a more general interest ukulele forum where someone just happened to post a pic or two of a mangled finger from their luthiery efforts.

UU does not encourage the types of pics that Adsense says are a no-go. A one-time incident where the offending pics (what, one or two out of dozens posted every day?) were promptly removed once noted should not invalidate UU for Adsense.

rayan, I hope it all works out. Branding UU as a "gore site" seems totally ridiculous.

Top Bottom