Please don't post pictures of your stitches...

You are absolutely correct.

However, there's a big difference in wanting to put Adsense on a "gore" site and a more general interest ukulele forum where someone just happened to post a pic or two of a mangled finger from their luthiery efforts.

UU does not encourage the types of pics that Adsense says are a no-go. A one-time incident where the offending pics (what, one or two out of dozens posted every day?) were promptly removed once noted should not invalidate UU for Adsense.

rayan, I hope it all works out. Branding UU as a "gore site" seems totally ridiculous.

Whether Google's policies are sensible is not really the point of this thread. This thread was intended, from what I can tell, to inform people that the photos they were posting of their injuries, however appropriate those photos might be to a forum that caters to people who risk those injuries, were jeopardizing the income stream of the website that hosts that forum. What seems to be the most appropriate response to that specific point is either "yes, I care enough about the income stream of this website to refrain from posting photos, even if I think Google is dumb for being upset that the photos were posted," or "No, I don't really care about the income stream of this website and I will continue to post photos of my gory injuries." UU is trying to appeal from a decision that, however, stupid you think it is, has real world consequences. One doesn't win appeals by telling the entity that made the decision that its policies are stupid. One wins appeals by demonstrating that the "offending" conduct was inadvertent and won't be repeated. A discussion about the merits of Google's dislike of luthier injury photos on an ukulele website is not an unhealthy thing, but it misses the point of this thread and obfuscates the very simple request to refrain from posting those photos as long as the same policies remain in effect.

You know, it's easy to keep your blood to yourself and all of this could be avoided. I've never wanted to see such pictures anyway. No grumble, just do what the man says.

I'm not a luthier or anything, but I couldn't agree more and, as i think I just demonstrated, I couldn't have said it better.

It seems to safe to say that the pic in question wouldn't have been posted if the potential consequences had been known by the poster. Surely those who have read this thread now know better, and I hope that something like this does not inadvertently happen again.

Guess I won't post my colonoscopy photo after all. :( Disappointed.

For what it's worth, I was going to build a uke at home, but I value my fingers to pick my nose.

Thanks, UU and Adsense!

Oh, that's gross!

But really, why is it that you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose?

Oh now, that's not really being helpful at all is it? Sorry. Just mind the moderators. They've created an awesome place for us to hang out. :bowdown:

Perhaps we could to do a bit of fundraising among members to make up for the forum's loss of income?

I'm sure everyone else feels as broke as me. But I'm also sure that members would do what they could if it came down to hat passing. This forum is a valuable entity, and we all know it.

Rayan.... Any news?

Google isn't to blame for this either. Getting monitization depends on what the advertisers want their adverts to appear next to. Imagine you spent good money to place a Chef Boyardee ad on a forum and it appears next to finger nausea. Not exactly what you paid for. For a long time advertisers just threw their ads on a wild west earlier version of Google, and it eventually became an issue.

Top Bottom