Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did I not think of this before...

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
    I sort of figured that everyone would realise that this was the point of the ENTIRE post.
    Unfortunately, most of the rest of the world just doesn't understand irony. Fortunately eugeneukulele does.... can I come and join the campfire with you two please? What a night that would be! I reckon there'd be some very interesting discussion and definitely stomach-ache from laughing..... bring it on!

Oh, and mine's a G&T......
    Favourite uke - DJ Morgan long neck soprano
    Favourite banjo uke - vintage Gibson UB2

My blog lifesaukafrolic.blogspot.co.uk

I sort of figured that everyone would realise that this was the point of the ENTIRE post.
    Some didn't seem to get it.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Ok, you guys have your fun for now, but in a few hours some white dudes on the mainland are gonna wake up and be horribly offended.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    Ok, you guys have your fun for now, but in a few hours some white dudes on the mainland are gonna wake up and be horribly offended.
    Why should today be any different

All Hawaiian Uke manufacturers are ordered to send their entire stock to me
    George Osborne is going to love you.
    Makala Dolphin Black, Aquila reentrant gCEA
    wanted: Ovation Applause UAE20

Quote Originally Posted by ukuhippo View Post
    George Osborne is going to love you.
    The feeling won't be reciprocated, trust me.

Hey, I say we burn all these flags, (mine [USA] included) and raise the new Nation of Ukulele flag to rule them all. No more love/hate relationships. Love/Love instead.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

I was just making light of the fact that I bet there were no Hawaiians offended by the original post. Sure Brad can come talking about an overthrow of the Hawaiian kingdom and burning bridges and everyone can get all serious, but what about being perceptive to the contextual nature and sensitive to the overall vibe here.
    If he poked fun at any race it would be his own, which you're allowed to do. To not even be Hawaiian and presume that Bk's original comment would offend them would be as silly as me being offended for the Portuguese by Chuck's comment. I'm sure I could implicate all kinds of things if I wanted to twist them up in that way. C'mon people..nobody is here to offend. Don't be so quick to put that light on it.
    And I apologize to all white dudes on the mainland. No offense intended. In fact, I'm just like you. (when I'm on the mainland) Forums like this are nice when you can converse with people all over the world. We are all one human race. Hopefully the net can help make those connections so people can work towards this realization. This video discusses that empathetic development-

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKuker View Post
    I was just making light of the fact that I bet there were no Hawaiians offended by the original post. Sure Brad can come talking about an overthrow of the Hawaiian kingdom and burning bridges and everyone can get all serious, but what about being perceptive to the contextual nature and sensitive to the overall vibe here.
    If he poked fun at any race it would be his own, which you're allowed to do. To not even be Hawaiian and presume that Bk's original comment would offend them would be as silly as me being offended for the Portuguese by Chuck's comment. I'm sure I could implicate all kinds of things if I wanted to twist them up in that way. C'mon people..nobody is here to offend. Don't be so quick to put that light on it.
    And I apologize to all white dudes on the mainland. No offense intended. In fact, I'm just like you. (when I'm on the mainland) Forums like this are nice when you can converse with people all over the world. We are all one human race. Hopefully the net can help make those connections so people can work towards this realization. This video discusses that empathetic development-
    All very well said, Andrew. Cheers!

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjshiner View Post
    All very well said, Andrew. Cheers!

-Steve
    This ^^^^^

Thread Information