Konablaster set up - ever done one?

bucky_joe

Reaction score
Greetings,

Found a used Konablaster at a good price. It plays, however it has the potential to be a much better instrument. The factory bridge is gimmicky.

So as a non Luthier (still experimenting w/ string guages) I'm hoping a new nut install, fret dress, and different bridge would turn the trick.

I really like the idea of the back-end similar to a modern
fender Telecaster i.e. string through body w/ the adjustment gismos.
I can fab a plate and find some small adjustment gismos, but I'll seek
(Seattle, WA) a pro do the work.

Any experience, thoughts, comments, and/or professional are welcome.

GRINZ!

buck

Get a hardtail bridge from Tom at Moongazermusic.com. It will give you the opportunity to adjust the action and the intonation for each string at the bridge. I also bet the strings will match up better with the pole pieces. If you need help locating the bridge then let me know. It isn't rocket science. Not even model rocket science. Since you're in Seattle, I'd give Martin Stillion a call and see who he uses for his electric mandolins. You can find him at emando.com.

Thank you, thistle. The moongazer resource answers a few questions from the start. Nice.

Um, pole placement. The factory pick-up is borrowed from a P bass. The outside courses are parallel - i.e. do not follow the fretboard taper and the pick-up poles are still too skinny.
I'll order a pick-up too.

The nut i don't feel so confident about doing myself. At that juncture I'll bring in a rocket scientist. :)
thanks' again,

buck

Top Bottom