WTB: Mainland/KPK/Pono Tenor

miamiwood

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm looking for a uke for my Dad. Want to spend around $200-$300. Lightly used/like new preferred but not a necessity. Case included also preferred.

Mainland:
- Gloss Mahagony
- Cedar Top

KPK:
- Acacia

Pono:
- Mahagony or Acacia

Any other solid wood ukes in this range would be welcomed as well.

Want to spend around $200-$300. Lightly used/like new preferred but not a necessity. Case included also preferred.

KPK:
- Acacia

In your price range I'm not sure why you aren't just looking at the KPK new from Jason. He has the acacia tenors starting at $215 on his site. Free shipping and gig bag included. It's a serviceable gig bag (I have a concert from him). With your price range you could even get a better case if you wanted from another source that might do free shipping as well or step up from the basic tenor.

Just a thought. :)

Hey Macmuse,

Yes, I spoke with Jason and Mike both. I can get a blem'd Mainland for $215 shipped (case extra), or KPK for $215 shipped with gig bag. The $300 range was really meant for a Pono. Also, the Red Cedar mainlands with a case would be toward my upper range too. If someone had one of the other two with hard case & shipping for $200 or less I might be tempted.

I haven't heard from anyone so I'll probably get either the Mainland or KPK new. I've read all the KPK/Mainland threads, an am leaning towards a Mainland. Does anyone have any thoughts on these two?

Thanks,
Chris

Top Bottom