Luthier's Friend discussion

tobinsuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here's a link to an off-the-cuff video (that means I had a few beers and then shot it with my phone) review of the Luthier's Friend thickness sanding station.
I discuss what I like/don't like about it, 3 simple modifications that make me love it, a tip on using it to consistently taper narrow stock, and a little marginalia.

Here's the link - the video is about 13 minutes long:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9s_TADkPg0

Last edited:
Awesome. I recently ordered mine. It should be here next week. I really like your video discussion on the topic.

Great stuff :) What is missing fromthe video is a DEMONSTRATION. I watched it all the way through and I don't usually do this if they are long... some helpful advice? Edit and make your videos shorter keeping them between 3 and 5 minutes. Use some nice music for an intro and put subtitles on the frames to support what you are saying. I like your voice and clear description but much of this could have been accomplished with more action. Your solutions really were self explanatory.

But hey - this is just my style and what I like to see. This was a great piece of description. Well done :)

Great stuff :) What is missing fromthe video is a DEMONSTRATION. I watched it all the way through and I don't usually do this if they are long... some helpful advice? Edit and make your videos shorter keeping them between 3 and 5 minutes. Use some nice music for an intro and put subtitles on the frames to support what you are saying. I like your voice and clear description but much of this could have been accomplished with more action. Your solutions really were self explanatory.

But hey - this is just my style and what I like to see. This was a great piece of description. Well done :)
Thanks, Pete, for the helpful advice.

I do love the clean, consistent nature of your videos. Knowing that this one of mine was not going to be of that class, I did try to give ample warning of what to expect in terms of filming quality and length. (I am pleased that some found it worthwhile despite its raggedy nature)

If I post more videos in the future, I would like for them to be less impulsively created and therefore easier on the viewer - I really appreciate the specificity of your advice!

Thanks also to others for their comments (merci to Gerard).

I am also curious about some related points:

- how have others may have adapted this product or a shop-made cousin?
- has anyone used the sanding disk from LMII that fits onto the Wagner Safety Planer?

Top Bottom