Ukulele Exercises For Dummies

bazmaz

Reaction score
One of those books that does what it says on the tin Jim! Not hugely advanced stuff, but great, and tons of things to dip into.

I'm terrible for structured practice but intend to work through some of these when I'm having a play.

Had it on order for the last week. Really looking forward to it.

I'm using the Kindle version on my iMac. Convenient for me since I practice in front of the computer. Size can be made large enough to read easily.

Thanks for the review. I ordered blind the day Mr. McQueen announced the forthcoming release and this makes me look that much more forward to receiving it. UkuleleTricks is a little, persistent shall we say, in the self-promotion department and hence I had some doubts about this book. Can't wait to get it. This dummy definitely needs help! :p

Yes, the site is I suppose, but Dummies books choose their authors well. I believe Al Wood at Ukulele Hunt recommended him to Wiley.

Either way, there is a lot of work in the book. I'm pleased with it

I too jumped on the order when I got the email from Brett. Al's name attached to it is what really made me convince myself, but I've always been jealous of the Guitar Grimoire books and wished there were some exercise books for the ukulele on that level. Here's hoping Brett beat me to the punch in writing such a book... :D

I was getting the impression it may be more for a well-versed beginner to intermediate at minimum. Could a blatant greenhorn like me keep up with it?

AirCanuck - depends how green. It kind of assumes you know how to hold a uke, how to fret a uke and do a basic strum. If you have those though you will be fine. The first exercises in each chapter are super basic

We're worth it!!!

They need the head-start?

Got mine today (pre ordered from Amazon UK) looking forward to working through the exercises.
Already done Ukulele for Dummies, and Hal Leonards Method books (1&2)

I just want to learn as much as possible, and enjoy practicing and playing.

Top Bottom