Not ukulele related - keep Boston in your thoughts

bynapkinart

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that my heart goes out to everyone at the marathon today...growing up in Massachusetts, Patriot's Day is one of those very special occasions. You get to wake up, watch the Marathon start, watch the Sox game, see the finish of the marathon and usually catch a Bruins game in the evening. You get the whole day off of work and school, and it's always been one of my favorite parts of the spring.

Today is especially horrible because of the positivity of the Boston Marathon in general and the fond memories I have of Patriot's Day in Massachusetts. My heart goes out to everyone directly involved in this attack, and more than anything I really hope that the city can put this behind them quickly and make the day positive again.

The four runners that I know are all safe, btw. If you know any runners, give them some time to contact you, it took me about 20 mins for my call to go through.

My thoughts go out to all those affected by what has happened.

Prayers, too, if you do that sort of thing.

The Boston Marathon is an iconic event. So many runners aim at Boston as the high point of their running lifetimes. Years of training blown away. What a shame. I once had marathon dreams, but I know that I'd never have qualified for Boston. My heart is sore for all whose lives are touched by this attack.

It was such a beautiful day today in Boston. I watched my beloved Red Sox win their game today, and the city was filled with joy, as it is every Patriots Day. Now my heart is filled with sorrow for a city I have always held close to my heart.

Boston is my hometown, and I'm deeply saddened today by what happened. When it comes to nutty people doing evil things, it's tough to be safe anywhere. But it's also importnat not to jump to conclusions. I remember how people thought the Okalahoma federal building bombing was an act of terrorism from "outside" enemies, and it turned out to have been caused by a deranged American. It's important to let investigators do their jobs and to wait to see what they conclude before we start denouncing people who we think may have done this. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and the city of Boston.

So sorry to hear about these cowardly attacks. Thoughts coming Boston's way from Catalonia.

Tough day here in Beantown today. My mom and sister were there, but are ok. They were watching in Brighton about 4 miles from the finish. Bostonians are a tough lot and will persevere. But my God, what is happening to our world.

Tough day here in Beantown today. My mom and sister were there, but are ok. They were watching in Brighton about 4 miles from the finish. Bostonians are a tough lot and will persevere. But my God, what is happening to our world.

I used to live in Brighton and I would watch the marathon ion Cleveland Circle. My running buddies and I would sometimes see Bill Rodgers at or near the store he used to own in Cleveand Circle. Bostonians are tough, and I know they're that much more determined to hold this historic run again next year. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their loved ones.

Been there once.

Prayers for the victims and families.

Prayers for the victims, their families and the runners.

It takes a special kind of coward to commit a crime like that.

So sorry to hear about these cowardly attacks. Thoughts coming Boston's way from Catalonia.

Very cowardly, my thoughts go out to everyone that was in the attack.

I'm very involved in the New England Luthiers group, and know many folks in the Boston area as a result even though I'm 40 minutes away in Rhode Island. I was pretty worried about some of my friends who may have been there, but fortunately all were safe. It's a hard thing right now in this area. We've all taken things pretty hard here. A coworker's husband works with the lady of the little 8 year old boy who was killed. She too is fighting for her life. Please keep all these folks in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,

Don

Top Bottom