eugene's "25 WORDS OR LESS" contest

H

Hippie Dribble

THE CHALLENGE:

In 25 words or less tell us who is your favourite uker and why.

Is it Lil' Rev? Ian Whitcomb? Roy Smeck? Maybe it's John King? Bosko & Honey? Corey from HMS? James Hill? Ralf Youtz? Maybe the Shimabukuro fella? Is it Miriam from the Ukelites? pabrizzer? Could it be Janet Klein? Victoria Vox? The Quiet American? Ken Middleton? Ukulelezaza? Dr Bekken? Is it your granddaughter? Crazy Uncle Joe? A friend in your local uke club?

one entry per person. Simply post your entry here on the thread to be in the running.

Whoever it is, give em a shout out!

THE JUDGING:

I will judge the entry that is most excellent, original and creative. Text, video, song, poem...anything goes

THE PRIZES:

* a stringswing wooden uke wall hanger
* a vintage uke songbook
* a Cliff Edwards CD
* a cool sticker from Ukulele Threads

THE DEADLINE:

Midnight Hawaii time, May 16, 2013.

have fun with it gang! :)

Mine has to be my best-friend Nick(AirmanFoote), He's the one who turned me on to ukuleles. Thank you Buddy :)

Sungha Jung has some amazing skill. His is so meticulous with his playing style. I am in awe every time. He inspires me the most!

Here is mine about Lil' Rev. Took some classes from him at the Reno Uke Fest.

Julia got me started
Mim challenged me
Krabbers made me practice more
Jon made me sing
Ukeuster gave me lessons
And I ended up here!

I have two favorite players Aldrine and Lil' Rev. Might have a song about AG coming up.

Ukulelezaza -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Inspiration is
The seasonistas on here
Their songs bring me joy

They are fun to watch
And a joy to listen to
Seasonistas rock

:D

Julia got me started
Mim challenged me
Krabbers made me practice more
Jon made me sing
Ukeuster gave me lessons
And I ended up here!

cheers Dave, but i need to practice more!

Anybody with a smile and enthusiasm, if you are one of them people then its you. you are my favourite!

Well ... it would have to be you, Jon, for all the reasons mentioned in the recent embarrassing (to you!) thread.

P.S. Do I get the prize now?

Mr. Matsuda.
He was the ‘ukulele teacher at Pearl Harbor Kai Elementary back in the late 60’s. 45 year later the lessons finally paid off!

Seeso
Leads a group like no others
Always pushing people to play
Never discourages players at any level
Plays stuff no one else does.
Waterfalls

Eugene's vids are my inspiration, education, and entertainment. Also, James Hill is pretty good. (When James Hill comes second you know you're doing something right)

My favorite is some old hippie guy from Tasmania. I think his name is Eugene Ukulele. The breadth of his music is mind-boggling!

Plus, he takes real joy from his music. He's an inspiration!

paul

Top Bottom