Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite ukulele YouTube sensations

Default Your favorite ukulele YouTube sensations

I was wondering if anybody had a favorite ukulele artist on YouTube. I love Victoria Vox, Sophie Madeleine, and Julia Nunes, but I'd like to follow some more ukulele artists who are active posters on YouTube. I'd love to hear your recommendations!

The Ukelites, of course!

James hill is really fun to watch check out his eucalipstick song at about 1:24 he does a really cool percussion thing.
    A few more are
    Jake shimabukuro which I'm guessing you already know
    Kalei gamiao
    Kris fuchigami

Lila Burns, for sure.

Julia Nunes and Danielle Ate the Sandwich are my two favs

Scott Rogers - his clawhammer style videos are amazing.

And I like Todd B's rendition of "Shake 'em on down" on the Barry Tone. I gotta learn that slide technique.
    Last edited by Appalachian picker; 04-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Lately I've really been enjoying perusing the 'Seasons of' submissions in the UU Contests area of this site. Jake and others who are seriously polished are fine and all but a little of that goes a very long way for me. I prefer watching those that have to give it their all (and 40 or 50 takes) to whip out a song. I can relate to that and appreciate what they are accomplishing more than I do virtuosos. There's some real talent and very interesting songs to found right here amongst us. Check it out if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by TG&Y View Post
    Lately I've really been enjoying perusing the 'Seasons of' submissions in the UU Contests area of this site. Jake and others who are seriously polished are fine and all but a little of that goes a very long way for me. I prefer watching those that have to give it their all (and 40 or 50 takes) to whip out a song. I can relate to that and appreciate what they are accomplishing more than I do virtuosos. There's some real talent and very interesting songs to found right here amongst us. Check it out if you haven't already.

That's a great reply, TG&Y! You're right that we've got lots of talent here, people who get better week after week, which is to me more encouraging than watching Jake. Yessirree, take a look at any of the playlists for the Seasons challenges.
    ~Ginny

Leave every place better than you found it.

Jake, John Pak, and Brittni Paiva are my fav's. But there are so many to enjoy it seems hardly fair to point out any as a favorite.
    (and yet I did...)
    Don Williams
    dewguitars.com/
    Home of the Smiley-Uke TM

Thread Information