Share your photo entries for HMS Kamaka Competition...Voting live from 3-17 May

Great photos! Here's mine:

And here's the link to my photo for anyone who wants to vote for it

http://iframe.wizehive.com/voting/view/516ec858-60b8-43c8-a562-17510a20adfa/14289/1268052/0

Wow Mark..nice picture..you have my vote! not like you need another uke though..haha
brings back memories for me! Thxs

I guess it really is a popularity contest. I think all the photos are cool because they convey something personal about the person who took them and/or the person whose ukulele it is, but (and I say this as someone who's posted the link to my entry on my Facebook page and asked people to vote for me), I suspect that most votes are the product of friends helping friends and not a judgment of what the best photo is in terms of lighting, composition, and all those other things by which photographs are generally judged. The popularity aspect of the vote is only exacerbated by the fact that people can vote every 24 hours. This isn't a complaint -- I didn't enter the contest with any expectation of winning (and I promised myself I'd give the ukulele away if I did win it) -- and I think that HMS can use any means it chooses to award prizes, but I expect that the final vote will be more of a statement about which entrants were able to motivate more people to vote for them more often than it will be about anything else.

Mark..I just read the above and I agree with everything you said..lets win that Kamaka and get it to someone who is not like you and me,,I will do the best I can to help you out..

But to be honest I think you have one of the nicer photos here,,and you know like I know you have no chance..haha

as usual thanks for thinking about others..

I've been really enjoying this contest and checking everyday to see how I'm doing. I've also been reminding my coworkers and bugging my kids to put their Facebook skills to use. I seem to hover around 10th or 11th place so I've been thinking about rule changes that would (in my obviously biased mind) improve the contest.

#1. No puppies or kittens (Who doesn't want to vote for puppies or kittens?)
#2. No babies (Same as puppies and kittens - actually make it no one under 18 years of age allowed)
#3. No group photos (It's not fair when you're outnumbered)
#4. No ukulele only photos (What good is a uke without a player? It is just a pretty piece of wood)
#5. You must be wearing a hat (Hey, these are my rule changes so give me this one)

Hey, what do you know? Suddenly I'm in contention. Who would of thought of that??

http://iframe.wizehive.com/voting/view/516ec858-60b8-43c8-a562-17510a20adfa/14289/1242928/0

Good luck everybody.

Something is moving at the first places, new chances occur...

Yeah, looks like Janice put it into overdrive and moved up to 1st. Daniel will have to crack the whip on his faculty.

I'm making very slow progress and stuck around 17th-18th spot. Need to find more gerbils to get things moving but in the infamous words of Scotty.. "I'm giving her all she's got, Captain!!" :p

@ Bob-in-Alberta
My (good) shot is still on the fifth page, no chances anymore.
Now I vote for your foto!

I wasn't allowed to enter :(
I would've done something like this I guess. Wouldv'e been on the 10th page. Garans.
Amelie-Stuck-with-plastic.jpg

I wasn't allowed to enter :(
I would've done something like this I guess. Wouldv'e been on the 10th page. Garans.
Amelie-Stuck-with-plastic.jpg

Wow Andrew..
you have your daughter collecting already(nice collection in the backround)..I don't see a Ko'olau in her collection..she better work on her uncle..haha

That is a great picture. It breaks one of my personal contest rules though of "No cute children allowed". Nobody else has a chance when children, babies, puppies or kittens are allowed to enter.

So the HMS photo contest is heading into the home stretch and I'm sure that all of the contestant's friends and relatives are getting tired of going to the voting link everyday to cast their vote. I know that I've been checking the page a couple of times a day just to see if I've moved up or down and it has been a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone and thanks to Andrew at Hawaii Music Supply for running this contest. I imagine that it has been taking up a lot of his time. Now, on my self serving side, if you're looking for someone to vote for:

http://iframe.wizehive.com/voting/view/516ec858-60b8-43c8-a562-17510a20adfa/14289/1242928/0

Thanks.

Top Bottom