Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Baron's Ukulele Blues Battle - win a Martin Backpacker

Default The Baron's Ukulele Blues Battle - win a Martin Backpacker

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been here, and it's been a while since I had a contest, but now it's time again.

Check out this vid and enter my blues contest and win a Martin Backpacker Ukulele (with a new top from Sven at Argapa Ukuleles)!

EDIT: Here are the rules:
    1. Record a video of yourself playing blues on the uke (You don have to sing - you may enter an instrumental blues if you want to, although I know you can sing the blues if you try...).
    2. Post it as a video response to the youtube vid below
    3. Me and Sven will then choose the coolest blues vid and send this uke to the winner. The jury's verdict cannot be overruled or questioned.
    4. THE COMPETITION ENDS MAY 31 2013.

Note: there must be at least 5 different entries from 5 different contenders.

EDIT 2: Some people have posted old vids to the contest - I'm not gonna forbid it, but vids recorded specially for this contest do stand a better chance....

Last edited by Baron K; 05-07-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Hippie Dribble Guest

Thanks Baron, great contest. Love da blues. Hope dr B don't enter or else we're all toast...

Schweeet! Good to see you still active, man.

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

So no instrumentals allowed? You have to sing?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDB View Post
    So no instrumentals allowed? You have to sing?
    Hmmm... I know I said that in the vid, but maybe that's to strict. Maybe I should allow instrumental entries as well? Yeah, what the heck!

But I am of the opinion that most everybody can sing the blues - it's not like you have to be Celine Effin Dion, it's all about feeling.

Baron - thanks for hosting this. I hope you get a lot of entries as I'm a huge blues fan. I'm going to post this one here as a bonus. I just did it over for the Seasons. It's an old Mississippi John Hurt tune - and it sounds a lot bluer when he does it. My son and I are going to work on a song that we'll probably post in May.

Quote Originally Posted by frisbee fred View Post
    Baron - thanks for hosting this. I hope you get a lot of entries as I'm a huge blues fan. I'm going to post this one here as a bonus.
    Good stuff Fred! Hope you get another vid down for the contest!

I'll put this in as a bonus video. Though you may have already seen it. Hope that's okay (: I'll put in my entry later. This is a song I did for Easter. My very first blues original.

Quote Originally Posted by bonesigh View Post
    I'll put in my entry later. This is a song I did for Easter. My very first blues original.
    [/video]
    Good stuff! I look forward to your entry!

Default Fine and Mellow

Thanks for hosting, Baron, here's my entry.

Thread Information