High praise for Black Bear Ukes

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Hey, folks! I hope that it's alright to post this thread -- and if so -- that I posted it in the correct spot on our forum. I just wanted to give a big shout out of much deserved kudos, gratitude, and appreciation on over to Duane Heilman at Black Bear Ukes in Yakima, WA. My recent uke experience with him only confirms in my mind even more so that he is, indeed, a stand-up guy and an absolute true professional -- not to mention an awesome luthier creating beautiful looking and sounding, high quality ukes for us to enjoy. Thank you, Duane, for going above and beyond -- for providing outstanding, excellent customer service and satisfaction. I am so very appreciative of all that you did to help me! :)

Last edited:
I have been looking at these lately. They look pretty nice and sound great.

One of my dream pineapples is a Black Bear Sopranino :drool:

blackbearmini_zpsa827aace.jpg

Yeah, I've tried one or two here in Bangkok and I really loved 'em. The UAS in my ears is saying "buy it, buy it. . "

Thankyou for passing on the positive vibe about Black Bear Ukes Chelle. The times I have dealt with Duane in the past have been very similar experiences as to what you describe. Always nice to hear good words shared between UU members.

I had Duane build me a soprano and it was one fine uke. It had a great tone and I loved the look of the koa. I had few moments of insanity and figured I was not a soprano guy and it wasn't getting played.

Someone was looking for a Black Bear uke, so I sold it.

I regret it, in a big way.

Enjoy your Black Bear and hold on to it!

Top Bottom