KoAloha - Concert vs Pineapple Longneck?

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
Which would you choose? I cannot play either as I am half a continent and half an ocean away from Oahu.

I think the KoAloha Concert ukulele is the best weight balanced ukulele I've ever picked up.
Sounds great and really easy to play. Feels just right.

I don't know about long neck's, since I don't play up the neck much, not much interest in that option.

another vote for concert size

I haven't played one of their concerts, but I am in love with my longneck pineapple. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I prefer the pineapple the original Hawaiian design the soundboard shape giving more volume, and the longneck gives it more versatility IMO but then again I am totally biased towards my favorite 'ukulele and fruit.

two strong choices. i am planning to get the long neck pineapple. it seems to make a special sound with that body shape.

two strong choices. i am planning to get the long neck pineapple. it seems to make a special sound with that body shape.

My KoAlana concert has already made me a KoAloha fan for life. I think that the Pineapple long neck is my favorite. Mostly I'm making conversation until I pull the trigger and order it.

Like others have said, you can't go wrong with either. I have a KoAloha concert and it is wonderful. Also, when I was lucky enough to visit the factory, they treated me like family.

Like others have said, you can't go wrong with either. I have a KoAloha concert and it is wonderful. Also, when I was lucky enough to visit the factory, they treated me like family.

Not really a question of going wrong, only right and righteous. I'd love to visit the factory. I must confess I'm ass over teakettle for ukuleles all of a sudden.

I would've voted for concert but noticed you own a Koalana so I vote for the pineapple

I would've voted for concert but noticed you own a Koalana so I vote for the pineapple

There is an internet-audible difference between the KoAlana and a KoAloha concert. The KoAloha has an even brighter sound than the KoAlana. Sapele is related to mahogany. The tone is pretty warm and blended.

Top Bottom