Best Place in the San Francisco Bay Area for a Ukulele Pickup Installation?

normmoy

Reaction score
I recently bought a Fishman AG Ukulele Under-the-Saddle passive pickup and want a recommendation on a good luthier/shop to get it installed at in the San Francisco Bay Area. The pickup will be installed onto my Kamaka HF-3.

- Norm

I second Gryphon....they will do you right.

Where are you in the Bay Area? There are other luthiers who can help if you are a long way from Gryphon.

Yep, Gryphon would be at the top of my list too. CB Perkins in San Jose wouldn't be far behind.

:agree::agree:

+1 on Gryphon and CB Perkins.

Not to be redundant, but Gryphon has one of the best shops in the world, not just the Bay Area. Always worth a visit, not matter what the reason.

Any recommendations for places in the East Bay?

- Norm

Yes.

Take the San Mateo bridge or the Dumbarton bridge, head to Palo Alto and go to Gryphon Stringed Instruments. As Rich M mentioned, Frank Ford and crew are the best of the best! :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went with CB Perkins this weekend because they had the fastest turnaround time and had great service.

Yes, I do agree that Gryphon is amazing. I've personally been there to check out their selection and the place is indeed top-notch.

- Norm

Top Bottom