Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old maton ukeleli needs a new home...

Default Old maton ukeleli needs a new home...

I am the owner of a Maton Ukelele and it needs a new loving home. I bought the uke in 1973 (second hand already) from a long since closed music store in Perth. i had high hopes of learning to play it as is often the case my enthusiasm waned after not very long. I've had it knocking round the house for the past 40 years and I've recently found out that they are undergoing a resurgance in popularity.

Altho it would be nice to get some money for it, i am just as interested in finding it a good home. i took it to Zenith music here in Perth and they told me that although it is not nearly "mint" in condition it is ok for it's age and has a good tone.

Mostly I'd like it to be played by someone who will appreciate it as it has sentimental value to me.

It has a few imperfections but I have ben told nothing that can't be fixed.240420131100.jpg240420131102.jpg240420131103.jpg
    Any takers?

Trev. 0412579113

Cool old uke, teejaya.

Here are some guidelines for selling in the marketplace: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...BEFORE-POSTING. They'll help you find a prospective buyer.

I'm guessing you're in AU, so you might want to consider how you'd handle shipping as well.

Welcome to UU. (If you decide to keep the uke and have another go at learning, then this is the place.)

Am interested new they sell for $499 in -Australia ?concert ?case name your price.

P.M. sent.....

Hi Teejaya,
    If you're looking for someone to repair it and get it back in good playing condition I would be very interested in restoring your ukulele. I am pretty good at basic set-up work and have been looking for a more challenging project...your uke would be a nice challenge for me. I've saved a few old guitars that needed some similar repairs with good success...they ain't pretty but they play nice now.
    Good luck finding a new home for your uke!
    Cheers!
    Glenn

G'day m8, I suppose I really should have entitled the post "HOW MUCH IS MY UKE WORTH?"

Of course everyone wants a bargain (especially a purchaser) How much do YOU think this old unit is worth? Is it a collector's item? Can you, should you advise me about this?

Trev.

Quote Originally Posted by connor013 View Post
    Cool old uke, teejaya.

Here are some guidelines for selling in the marketplace: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...BEFORE-POSTING. They'll help you find a prospective buyer.

I'm guessing you're in AU, so you might want to consider how you'd handle shipping as well.

Welcome to UU. (If you decide to keep the uke and have another go at learning, then this is the place.)

You are the seller.Seems more like a fishing trip.It obviously has been collected by yourself for many decades.professional restoration is expensive.to repeat is it a concert?Is there a case?What is your asking price?

Hi Trev,
    This may help, it looks to be a Concert size no.4 built 1969.
    http://matonmuseum.com/data/pdfs/Mat...s%20(1965).pdf
    Last edited by Camsuke; 04-24-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Default I'm a novice seeking information...

Although I have had this uke a long time I am a complete novice when it comes to what to expect from my beloved Maton. Keeping in mind that is is what it is and there is no case and only 3 strings I have no idea of an "asking price".

Perhaps some kind, knowledgable person or persons who are not themselves wanting to buy it could give me some guidance?

I have no idea...

Thanks

Trev

DSCN0724.jpg
    This is one I purchased in the early 70s. Still looks, plays and sounds wonderful.
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Thread Information