Song Help Request Brielle by Sky Sailing

zgarney

Reaction score
I found a tab for this beautiful song at this site:

http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/uke-songs/sky-sailing/brielle-uke-tab-21190.html

I'm not sure how to phrase my question, because my mind just kind of yelps "Help!" To put it a bit more eloquently, does anyone know exercises or tips on playing this kind of song? The closest thing I have in my repertoire would be Music Box, by Jake Shimabukuro.

I know this is kind of a vague request for help, and if it is too vague to be posted here, let me know and I'll delete it. Thanks in advance, this community has already been amazing and helped me so much.

Last edited:
No problem. By converting I just meant taking the guitar tabs, figuring out what actual notes make up the picking pattern, then picking those notes on the ukulele. Do you know what I mean?

For the chords I was playing around with it a bit last night with Low-G tuning and it seemed like maybe Bb -> F -> C -> Bb* (not sure what this chord is called) played as the following went along with it:
Bb F C Bb*
1 0 3 1
1 1 3 (or 0) 1
2 0 0 0
3 2 0 2

I figure that might give you some direction toward figuring the song out, at least as far as strumming is concerned. No guarantee that these are the actual chords, but they didn't sound too far off to me. What do you think? Also, your link from the first post doesn't seem to work. Did you find a ukulele tab for it?

Well hey, there it is. When I first looked at the tab I didn't get that it was transposed down a step and a half and I was thinking "it's close?, but this doesn't sound right...", but it actually sounds right to me now that I realized that. Good luck with the tab, I'd like to see it when you're done.

Top Bottom