Do you write out and keep chord charts to songs?

I have a ring binder folder with 250 songs in that
I play 'sometimes'.Then,I know about another 100
from memory.On top of that, I have a head full of
songs I learned on guitar,and if I feel like it,I can
just play those by using the chords (a C chord is
a C chord on any stringed instrument...)!

I have printed sheets for most every song I've every learned (assuming I learned it from a chart of some sort originally). The stack is almost two inches high and most of it is "memorized" LOL. Meaning, if I can remember I know the song in the first place, I can probably strum and sing through it PDG.

www.chordie.com

register free, find song, click dropdown on right to ukulele, add to songbook, repeat :)

I tab the songs I play in MSWord and save them as a .doc and print them to a .pdf file for portability.

I edit the songs in a fixed font such as Courier New or Consolas. I use no tab key only spaces.

Lyrics are in black and chords are in blue

Somewhere on the page I place a chord chart, if I am in a hurry I just take screenshot of a chord chart and paste the needed chords into an image and insert them somewhere on the document. If I have time I just do them in ASCII.

All gets uploaded onto my Google drive for easy access.

I have a pretty large song book that I constructed. It was lost on a trip, stolen, to be exact, and moslty replaced by a friend (Jay Nunes) as a gift. I have been rebuilding...
being short of memory and technologically challenged, i only know 3 songs with lyrics...I've tried and tried to "learn" more, but it just doens't happen. My songbook is priceless...if I leave it at home, I'm handicapped...

I have to have chords and lyrics on paper (or on screen). I've tried to memorize songs and I'll often have the words down well but the words-lyrics connection ... ugh... my brain just can't keep it straight. No one seems to mind, even at open mic's, and I see lots of other folks who aren't off book so I don't beat myself up about it too much.

I have a couple of big binders full of songs, and a thin binder I'll move the songs I'm currently working on to.

Top Bottom