Cheap new ukes

behzamal

Reaction score
Hello there, newbie here. Run uke club in Manchester UK. Need a spare uke or two as back-up. Despair of eBay after seeing second hand stuff go for prices above new retail price. Can anyone recommend good value ukes - under £50 or €60 or $70?
Thanks in advance
Simon

I guess the stock reply for club use is going to be Dolphins - not played one myself, but I'd say they would be ideal little ukes.

Where abouts in Manchester are you?

I think in the very cheap that can sounds good, I think it's quite hard to beat the Dolphin. You just need to change the strings and make sure that you have a nice set up on it and you have plenty of pleasure with it!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/star-filante-by-caro-bao ......new duet song....

I can't vouch for these because I haven't tried any of them, but, the website/supplier is well known in the
guitar and bass worlds for providing outstanding bargains. They might serve your purpose.

http://www.rondomusic.com/bluegrassfolk.html

There is a company in the UK who carries the EddyFinn Minnows. They have an oval sound hole rather round, so the tone is really much nicer. Unlike Dophins by Makala, the Minnows are wood. They also have nice geared tuners. They come in seven different colours. The natural coloured ones are red mahogany back and bottom with a cedar coloured top.There is no other "cheap" ukulele who puts a ten year written warranty on their instrument.
The price on the Mahalo U-30 went up $10.00 to the dealers, and quality went down $15, so I stopped selling them to schools and individuals. If you cannot find who carries EFs, send me a private message and I shall ask my sales rep., and I will send it to you. I shall also create a post for the entire board of who they are.

There is a company in the UK who carries the EddyFinn Minnows. They have an oval sound hole rather round, so the tone is really much nicer. Unlike Dophins by Makala, the Minnows are wood. They also have nice geared tuners. They come in seven different colours. The natural coloured ones are red mahogany back and bottom with a cedar coloured top.There is no other "cheap" ukulele who puts a ten year written warranty on their instrument.
The price on the Mahalo U-30 went up $10.00 to the dealers, and quality went down $15, so I stopped selling them to schools and individuals. If you cannot find who carries EFs, send me a private message and I shall ask my sales rep., and I will send it to you. I shall also create a post for the entire board of who they are.

I've only heard minnows online, but the sound clips sound amazing for this price range uke. Am planning on getting a case for my Senior's uke class in the fall.

Top Bottom