Rugged uke case for travel

nevernamed

Reaction score
Hi!

I know that there are some travelers here. I am about to begin a two-year term of service with the Peace Corps in Guatemala and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a case that is sturdy and strong and can withstand the rigors of international travel and the potential pitfalls of a developing Central American country.

Any info, links, or personal experience you could share are greatly appreciated!

I think probably more than the case, it depends on you taking a uke that is capable of withstanding the rigors of the environment. Perhaps you should consider a Fluke/Flea or a solid body electric that is pretty impervious?

I think probably more than the case, it depends on you taking a uke that is capable of withstanding the rigors of the environment. Perhaps you should consider a Fluke/Flea or a solid body electric that is pretty impervious?
The fluke/ flea is made from plastic, correct? Do you have one? I did some research on the internet/ youtube and it sounds okay. I'd be curious to hear the opinion of someone who really enjoys playing one. Does the sound take a huge hit from the plastic vs wood construction?

Reunion Blues cases. Do a search above and you'll see a number of threads on them.
I'm really intrigued by the "RB Continental" case- thanks for that lead.

the fusion F1 special edition is super strong and well made. best travel case I own.
It looks like a useful case indeed. Thanks for the tip! The company website lists it as a soprano/ concert case. Don't suppose it'll fit a tenor, do you? :p

Top Bottom